LegacyGT.com

log and tune questions

torinalth

Hello there,

Since I have been out of tuning for a good while now (nearly 2 years), I figured I'd get some other people to look over my work to see if my thoughts are on par or not. I am going to be dialing in the car a bit as she was turned down for a good while (clutch was not able to hold the power) and want to get her back up to snuff. Will also be going with a Hybrid boost control setup soon, but wanted to ensure nothing else was wrong before I did so.

Anyhow, attached will be my logs, and I'll take a learning view here in a moment for the idle stuff, just to satisfy my curiosity. For the note, all logs will be done with the OP2.0 standalone unit, so no computer interface for the logs.... and since I am also new to the standalone stuff, point out if I have have not caught an incorrect parameter in the mix.

CAR details:

05 LGT 5MT (purchased used so don't have every detail)

09 WRX turbo (vf52?)

hallman RX MBC (standalone currently)

KStech 3" intake w/ P5 specter filter

custom larger TMIC

stock injectors

walboro 255

wrapped stock manifolds

unknown UP - stock or otherwise

crucial DP - divorced non cat

magnaflow CBE

LOGS

log 1 is my 3rd gear pull. everything looks good from what I can tell. holding rock solid boost at 18.5PSI max (yay MBC) but a fairly severe fall off, thought the 52 had a bit more top end than that. no knock during the pull, ignoring timing as I am nowhere near where I should be boost wise (notice target boost). also Ignore WGDC and Target Boost for now as the MBC makes them irellevant... just planing ahead for the hybrid. the logs look clean and safe from what I can tell. I'll have my LC1 hooked up in a week or two so I'll pull him into it when I get there.

Log 2 is a highway cruise, just to see if there is anything wonky with my lower level parameters.... seems ok, again nothing fancy.

Any other suggestions or thoughts? not really sure what I should be logging to be honest, as the majority of the tune came from the previous owner (talented tuner) so I am kinda throwing at the wall to see if anything blatant jumps out without logging the world...

22mar2012-2.csv

22mar2012-3.csv

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you using Romraider to log?

Try logging:

Engine Load (Calculated) (g/rev)

Engine Speed (rpm)

Ignition Total Timing (degrees)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Manifold Relative Pressure (4-byte)* (psi relative)

Knock Sum* (count)

Feedback Knock Correction (4-byte)* (degrees)

Fine Learning Knock Correction (4-byte)* (degrees)

Throttle Plate Opening Angle (4-byte)* (%)

For the note, all logs will be done with the OP2.0 standalone unit, so no computer interface for the logs.... and since I am also new to the standalone stuff, point out if I have have not caught an incorrect parameter in the mix.

Are you using Romraider to log?

Try logging:

Engine Load (Calculated) (g/rev)

Engine Speed (rpm)

Ignition Total Timing (degrees)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Manifold Relative Pressure (4-byte)* (psi relative)

Knock Sum* (count)

Feedback Knock Correction (4-byte)* (degrees)

Fine Learning Knock Correction (4-byte)* (degrees)

Throttle Plate Opening Angle (4-byte)* (%)

indeed I am not. as noted previously :) I'll put together another logcfg and get it logged tomorrow with your recommendations. using the standalone setup, I cant change on the fly.... but still.... I'll see if I can get it hammered out.

I am seriously doubting that you are holding boost that steady at 18.5..I think that might be the max that parameter will read up to..I dunno tho.

would you like me to increase my MBC boost level to see if it goes higher tomorrow?

I am seriously doubting that you are holding boost that steady at 18.5..I think that might be the max that parameter will read up to..I dunno tho.

Yeah that parameter which is Manifold Relative Pressure (psi) maxes out at 18.43, MRP 4byte or Corrected works much better.

Everything looks pretty good in the log but the boost falling off like that is pretty normal from the vf52 from what I have seen as well. Looks like a pretty decent setup although I'm not a big fan of MBC's. If you have e85 in the area think about upgrading the injectors and jumping on corn for a torque monster as well.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

thanks cryo for the look and the information about the parameter limitation. I just changed over to the 4byte. I'll relog and see what my max really is tomorrow.... its not much higher I know as the boost gauge does not get to 20....

as far as the MBC, I love how they hold, and how fast they react when you reach peak.... but the PTFB does get old after 3 years :p hence going hybrid setup.

ok.... went over everything and the "application" to create standalone log parameters is not.... well.... complete. so, the values that are jacked up are not being mathematically scaled/calculated to show a "usable" value.... sadly, some of the values are not with enough resolution to allow me to correct it.... but, at least I figured out how to properly fix the damned thing. I'll try and correct the first one if possible, but no guarantee. I'll have better results tomorrow :p

yeah.... I found the "conversions" in another table... did the math, and was still 10^4 off.... and even then still not the right numbers to make sense... but I have different values in there now, so it all should be good tomorrow..... if not, then well, i guess i'll grab the lappy and deep6 the stand alone till later.

finally got the standalone working right.... ok, #1 is immediate after startup idle, 2 is a mild gear 1-3. 3 is my pull. 4 is cruise, flat at 80mph. 5 is cruise up a hill at 80, and 6 is idle after being warmed up for a while. everything SEEMS good, but didnt have FLKC or FBKC when I was tuning last.....

30Mar2012-1.csv

30Mar2012-2.csv

30Mar2012-3.csv

30Mar2012-4.csv

30Mar2012-5.csv

30Mar2012-6.csv

3rd gear pull is the most important. you did it but cut it off just after 5k, you need to go from 2k to 6k+ redline 100% throttle. so do it again.... what you did doesnt look bad, no new knock, just learned here and there once

poked the MBC just a little to get a little higher boost. seems I'm at 20 for longer, but that 20PSI is closing in on the max.... plus it was a little warmer than the last posted one. LV is from today after I got home... pull was in the morning, so dunno if that makes a difference or not from what was stated earlier. nothing is really high outta range (+/- 15) but not sure what some of the AF means

02Apr2012-1.csv

02apr2012-LV.jpg.77572b3f7a00f4f2446d169b8a3142ef.jpg

aye, KStech CAI.... apparently the first style that is no longer made (MAF sensor right after the bend that apparently causes issues). debating about getting another one with a different maf sensor placement and starting over... but that is down the line a bit. think it is that far out? also, talking closed loop scaling right?

changed a couple parameters around. removed those that were not needed and added one I wanted to check on for reference. Somehow knock sum was removed.... that was not supposed to happen. nothing affected on timing or the like though... LV looks happy as well. I could not find injector duty cycle though. wanted to see how close to maxing them I was but couldn't. another name maybe?

also, regarding the scaling.... I'll start giving that a shot after I install my EBCS and tune in my hybrid boost control setup with in car halman control and relocated OBD2 connector.

MAF question. would it be fine to just weld a new MAF bracket to where KStech now has theirs located, and block off the current one? might make the flow more predictable.... but dunno if that is a concern or not.

04Apr2012-1.csv

04Apr2012-LV.jpg.261d9a4cf1d03e8ae6560e8d9f129a35.jpg

Archived