LegacyGT.com

Debadged yesterday Happy/Perplexed

HTownLegacy

I am extremely happy with the results, but there is a little problem. After all was said and done (glue off, waxed out old dirt) what I had left over is a hardly noticeable substance. It is really hard to see unless you are up close, and even then its hard to see. But if you run you hand over the areas where the badges used to be, you can feel the outline of the numbers/letters. It seems to me like whatever adhesive Subaru used, ended up getting into the paint. Now I did search, and read about the "ghost mark", but this just doesn't seem like what anyone else has talked about. Now my educated guess would be that I need to wet sand and then buff and wax. I am not real thrilled about having to do so, if it is needed. Any idea fellow LGT Members?

Cliffs:

Debadged (Very Happy)

Substance left over (Seems like its in the paint)

What can I do to get rid of it? (Really don't want to wet sand)

Anyone else had this same issue?

Can you please tell us more specifically what methods you used to remove the letters and to clean the affected area?

I can't really give good suggestions until I know what's been done so far.

I used what we called "glue remover" from my old job when I detailed cars. Its a clear, very flammable liquid. I used that and then used Meguiars Gold Class to buff away the dirty outlines. But there is still a rough residue left over. If I had to guess I would say that it is above the paint, but I'm just not sure. I guess it is because I can feel it.:confused:

Archived