LegacyGT.com

Performance upgrading questions... For non technical people.

NavigatorsLegacy

Is this for real or complete BS?

Here is the link below:

http://www.gfchips.com/subarulegacy.aspx

I must say Im ignorant on the subject, but how can swapping

or upgrading or reprogramming a computer chip affect performance?

Is there any truth to this claim?

I thought extra power comes from a larger intake, an exhaust upgrade

And a turbo! Without these or an upgraded engine...the rest are just

Gimmicks and BS? :confused:

Can someone explain this to me in layman's terms without using a million

Acronyms like TMIC and stuff I don't know?

Please keep it simple for us non technical and non-racing people.

Thanks.

To make this nice and simple, don't get your heart set on increasing the quickness of your 2.5i at all.

If you wanted speed performance upgradability you got the wrong Legacy. Concentrate on making it go around turns faster, sound faster, stopping faster and looking faster, if you really want to spend some money on it. But it will only go marginally faster even if you dump thousands of dollars into it without getting the turbo model.

^what he said.

Not tryin to hurt feelings but yeah I wouldn't try to make it fast in a straight line just not worth it. Buttttt it's still fun to make the na legacy fast in the corners. And then upgrade to a turbo later in life

^what he said.

Not tryin to hurt feelings but yeah I wouldn't try to make it fast in a straight line just not worth it. Buttttt it's still fun to make the na legacy fast in the corners. And then upgrade to a turbo later in life

Point taken... I didn't realize how different the cars are. My next car will be an LGT. But as a first Subie owner...I am loving my Legacy.

Saving my money to create a new Legacy! Thanks!

This forum is the best!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/my-e85-raptor-sc-2-5i-build-195317.html?t=195317&highlight=raptor

thats the thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2-5i-opensource-tuning-must-have-2-5i-power-mod-206082.html

They tune 2.5i 's as well, I did not know that, but thats the link. Your much better off tuning it rather than some stupid mod chip.

You're much better off realizing that the cost to mod an NA Subaru is in fact cost prohibitive. Even with a turbo kit, you'll be around stock LGT power levels. Otherwise gains are marginal and expensive.

$150 into an opensource tune on an LGT can net significant gains.

^ very true, sell it and buy a gt! The cost to mod a NA will be more than selling your current car and putting up an extra 5k to get an lgt.,...

was trying to stay positive but comparing an I and GT is like comparing shit and chocolate...

How much did you pay for that ride and how many miles if you dont mind me asking?

Archived