LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt Idiot Bell Disconnect

brad21

Okay, before you go jumping to conclusions, I always wear my seatbelt. I just don't need big brother telling me so. So, does anyone know how to disconnect it or which fuse to pull?? :o Brad 05 GT Wagon, White

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ummm, you need a resistor and put inline with the sensor buckle.. still working on what the amount of ohms it needs to make it work properly.. same idea as a CEL fix for the O2 sensor, or AIR BAG SRS setup on a WRX when swapping with new steering wheel or new racing seats. Keefe
Keefe

This reminds me to check with the service department at my dealer. The manual says that the dealer can change the programming to turn it off. When I bought the car 2 months ago the dealer did not know how to do it (1st Legacy they had sold). The car has been out for a while so dealers should have the updates from Subaru. Tom

[quote name='WRXTom']This reminds me to check with the service department at my dealer. The manual says that the dealer can change the programming to turn it off. When I bought the car 2 months ago the dealer did not know how to do it (1st Legacy they had sold). The car has been out for a while so dealers should have the updates from Subaru. Tom[/quote] OH REALY!!!! NOW THIS IS GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS!!! I AM CALLING MY DEALER NOW!

That is so annoying especially for me and my wife who always wear our seatbelt but sometimes we don't buckle it fast enough to beat the annoying whistle. I'd get rid of the whistle as I long as I can still see the red indicator on the dashboard that front passengers are not wearing their seatbelt. Plus my garage door is manual so I have to get in and out of the car to park in and backout of the garage (and obviously not wearing my seatbelt for that) so I'm doomed to always hear that irritating whistle.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I don't get what the big deal is. The seat belt chime doesn't bother me at all?[/quote] Then you must be tone deaf Monkey.. Its anoying as heck... When did you get your car anyway? What did you get a Sedan or Wagon?

I would love a fix to this because it is so irritating when you are going just down the driveway and the thing won't shut up because you don't have your seatbelt on for 10 seconds.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

[quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='Drift Monkey']I don't get what the big deal is. The seat belt chime doesn't bother me at all?[/quote] Then you must be tone deaf Monkey.. Its anoying as heck... When did you get your car anyway? What did you get a Sedan or Wagon?[/quote] Must be. It doesn't bother me. I got my car last Tuesday. Sedan.

Guest *Jedimaster*
There are quite a few things that the dealer can "reprogram", according to the manual. What exactly are they using to do this "reprogramming"? Is it something we can do ourselves, like turning the chirp off on the alarm?

My passenger seat began to chime all the time. Even with no one sitting there. I have to call the dealer for another appointment.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I inquired about turning it off with my dealer when I was there a few weeks ago and they claimed it couldn't be done. But then again, they didn't really look into it. I'll keep pestering them...like our seat belt chimes!:D Ken

If you're not belted, the car shouldn't be moving. If you're waiting for someone for a sufficiently long period that it necessitates your removing the seat belt, you probably have turned the motor off as well. That seatbelt chime is supposed to be a pain in the butt. If you stuff the car, seatbelts are the thing, even more than airbags, that will save that butt. There were two fatal crashes in consecutive days in the Chicago area this week. Both drivers died not because of the crash, but because they were thrown from the car. Why? No seatbelts. Both crashes were very survivable. Buckle up and the chime will be quiet. Kevin

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah, we know all that. If someone isn't buckling up, they deserve what Darwin's theory gives them. I buckle up. I still want that shitty dinging to stop.

What about when I am cleaning the interior of the car and want the radio on?(so the key is in the car) Why do I need to be reminded to put on my seat belt indefinitely when I am in the back seat and the car is going nowhere?
:spin:

[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='omarco'][quote name='Throttlejockey']I thought it was 6 times within 15 seconds?[/quote] I got it from the manual then tried it this morning and it works :)[/quote] I've tried the 6 times in 15seconds before and it worked too.[/quote] Probably you did the first 3 times in 6 seconds and that count?

Archived