LegacyGT.com

Jazzy iPod install with car charger static

KNichola

I installed Jazzy's AUX input in my stereo for my iPod. With a car charger attached to the iPod I get static through my stereo speakers. Anyone else know how to fix this? I don't know much about audio/electronics, do I possibly need a ground loop interrupt?

I'm very happy with my PAC SNI-1/3.5 (from Crutchfield) with my Jazzy and iPod! I have no noise of any kind.

While you are in there, I recommend burying a Belkin auto kit for iPod under the radio. (It also comes in black.) I spliced into the power going to the cigarette lighter, attached a cigarette power jack from Radio Shack, plugged the Belkin into that, the GLI audio input into Belkin, set the volume on the Belkin so iPod volume matches CD volume, and I couldn't be happier. All of that is tucked under the radio, next to the airbag control module.

The audio sounds much better coming through the dock connector as opposed to the headphone jack.

I'm very happy with my PAC SNI-1/3.5 (from Crutchfield) with my Jazzy and iPod! I have no noise of any kind.

While you are in there, I recommend burying a Belkin auto kit for iPod under the radio. (It also comes in black.) The audio sounds much better coming through the dock connector as opposed to the headphone jack.

I'll second that (and suffer buyers remorse because i have a white one)

It's odd that some of us experience ground noise and others don't.

I had a HK Drive and Play installed, powered from the lighter in the storage. I experienced tremendous ground interference. When i swithced to the Belkin charge / dock output I no longer had the issues.

Makes me wonder if there is some type of built in gli seeing as the unit charges and outpus audio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived