LegacyGT.com

gauge options and mounting question

shaneomac1602

I installed my pro sport blue tinted boost gauge, works great.

I installed my pro sport blue tinted oil pressure gauge, electronicallyit works perfect, but it was always pegged max pressure. I think I have the sending unit mounted too far away. Any suggestions where to mount it? Where do you guys have yours?

I'm also thinking of installing a wide band O2 sensor. Which one do all of you suggest to match my prosports while still working good. I have my other 2 in a cubby pod, where should I mount the O2? Not sure if I like A pillar pods.

I installed my pro sport blue tinted oil pressure gauge, electronicallyit works perfect, but it was always pegged max pressure. I think I have the sending unit mounted too far away. Any suggestions where to mount it? Where do you guys have yours?

I used yamie700's walk-through here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24956&highlight=oil+pressure

Sender for mine is relocated to the passenger's side shock tower, also with the WRXtra kit.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

...is there any distance from the oil galley that is considered too far away? far enougha away to effect the oil pressure?

I honestly don't know. That question is beyond the scope of my shallow knowledge, I'm afraid. :redface:

also, what is the avaerage oil pressure being ran in 05 lgt's?

There's a couple of posts in that thread which describes the pressure ranges.

Typically, a cold-start can well see you north of 80 PSI.

Warmed, at-idle, you will see somewhere between 20 to 30 PSI.

Cruising (say, 5th gear, at 55 MPH), you should see somewhere around 80 PSI.

Search around a bit, and you'll see that this is what the generalized figures are.

The specs call for, at operating temperature of 176 degrees F.:

600 rpm = 98 kPa/14 psi

5,000 rpm = 294 kPa/43 psi

But that's the absolute minimum.

The idiot light won't kick on until a shockingly low ~2 PSI. :eek:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived