LegacyGT.com

Cold Start Problems - '93 Wagon

So we have had a few cold spells here in Bama lately. When ever I try to start the car when its cold out she will just fire off then die. Depending on the temp, the colder the worse it is. After 4-5-6 start tries it finaly gets to idling. A 1-2 min warm up and she drives just fine.

If its above 70 there is never really an issue.

I'm sure I should just go buy a Hanes manual or something, but I'd hate to pay 10x as much as I paid for the car for it, SO im beeing lazy and asking here.

Is there a cold start valve/injector (EFI equivalent of a choke) thats not working properly.

Where do I start?

Thanks

Britt

I wish that I could tell you what is wrong with your car, because I have the same car I bought cheap. This is my first Subaru. I do have the Haynes book and I might be able to learn something from your problem. So here it goes. Do you have the CEL (check engine light) on? If so have you checked the code(s)?

i would replace the coolant censer my car does the same thing but i just let it be the car would die at first but i would give it some gas when it needed it but now it wont die it goes to about 1,500 rpm and it will go down to 700 and sound like it wants to die but jumps up to 1500 it will do it about 4 to 5 times then stop and idle around 1200 till warmer.

hope this helps

Archived