LegacyGT.com

Keyless Entry Failure

I think you can get in with the key (if it was armed, the alarm will go off once you insert the key), then there is a key sequence you have to do IIRC to disarm the alarm. I think that's how it works. My alarm was set one day at work (thank god it was in the country), and this happened, worked out but sort of a pain. Granted it was a '97 model, but I can't imagine they'd change it too much. Have to make it simple enough for most to understand.

[quote name='outahere']If the keyless entry system should fail, or your battery goes dead, and all your doors are locked, how do you enter the car? Break a window?[/quote] Reading my question again, I realize it comes across as a dumbass question, but it comes from never having owned a vehicle with keyless entry (my current vehicle is 14 years old). If the doors are truly "keyless", where do you insert the key on a new Legacy for entry if the battery fails. I have yet to see the Legacy in the flesh, but the large photos in the brochure do not show any key locks on the doors (are they under the handles?).

[quote name='outahere'][quote name='outahere']If the keyless entry system should fail, or your battery goes dead, and all your doors are locked, how do you enter the car? Break a window?[/quote] Reading my question again, I realize it comes across as a dumbass question, but it comes from never having owned a vehicle with keyless entry (my current vehicle is 14 years old). If the doors are truly "keyless", where do you insert the key on a new Legacy for entry if the battery fails. I have yet to see the Legacy in the flesh, but the large photos in the brochure do not show any key locks on the doors (are they under the handles?).[/quote] Sorry for sounding like an ass, the term "keyless" is used for unlocking the doors or opening the trunk without using the key. As Tide said there is a key hole by the handle. Again sorry for sounding like an ass.

[quote name='7stars']It's highly unlikely that your battery would ever completely die, because it's always being recharged. It may not start the car, but there will definately be enough power to unlock the doors.[/quote] I totally killed a battery in a Toyota by accidentally leaving my interior light on for two days. Does the Legacy have circuitry that will prevent a total battery rundown when the vehicle is parked and the lights (or some other electrical load) are left on?

Archived