LegacyGT.com

Legacy Wagon 2012/2013

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked with the local dealer and he told me that they were just doing the sedan and the Outback. He said that there was too much overlap and between the Legacy wagon and the Outback. When customers were given they choice, they just went with the Outback, so Subaru decided to discontinue the Legacy wagons.

To be honest, I hope what you heard was true. I like the wagon and would love to trade up to one in a couple of years.

There are differences, the rear suspension is one part, the roof differs between the Outback and the Wagon - the Outback has a little higher roof (not easy to notice) and then it may be that there is a need to do an emissions conformance test and possibly also a crash test for the Wagon too because it's a different vehicle from the legal perspective.
453747.png

Legacy Wagon > Outback

simple and true

Truth,,especially since they updated the Outback last year and sales are brisk.

IMO, next to go will be the GT sedan .Subaru has two performance cars,the WRX and the STI that they promote.The GT is the stepchild of the line along with the Tribeca which will be gone soon.

But, who the fork knows what SOA will do? They are a veery quirky bunch.Hell,there may be a B4 wagon:wub: on our shores within a few years:spin:

Wouldn't that be nice.

Legacy Wagon > Outback

simple and true

Lies. My Outback >> Legacy Wagon.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

there is a need to do an emissions conformance test and possibly also a crash test for the Wagon too because it's a different vehicle from the legal perspective.

This is a very large cost that is hidden from consumers but very real for manufacturers. Same price whether you sell one vehicle or one million.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

If I want a wagon then I would want a JDM wagon.

I bet it will sell well too as long as the price is not too high.

Go go 2012 Legacy 2.5GT JDM...I guess I could live with a 3.6R JDM Legacy Wagon too...

and then it may be that there is a need to do an emissions conformance test and possibly also a crash test for the Wagon too because it's a different vehicle from the legal perspective.

^this^

and due to CAFE laws the Outback is considered a light truck, so there's less of a MPG penalty. That's the other big reason we don't have the Legacy wagon anymore.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

^this^

and due to CAFE laws the Outback is considered a light truck, so there's less of a MPG penalty. That's the other big reason we don't have the Legacy wagon anymore.

It depends on the locale it is registered in.

My Outback was classified as a car in the State of Maryland.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Technically, the Outback, Forester and Tribeca are classified as "non-passenger vehicles", but they don't suit the requirements for a light truck (the passenger volume exceeds the cargo capacity, and the seats are non-removable and don't fold into a "flat and leveled surface".

The only reason they'd be considered light trucks, is because they are considered to be passenger cars capable of being an off-highway vehicle.

If that were the case, though, all Outbacks, Foresters, and Tribecas would be required to be issued class-M license plates. My Forester had a Class-M license plate, but my Outback is registered as a Class-A Passenger Vehicle.

Ground clearance is one of 6 items that define a passenger car capable of being an off-highway-vehicle. 4 need to be satisfied. Running ground clearance, differential ground clearance, breakover, approach, and departure angles. There are minimums for all of that. You have to satisfy 4 of the 6 if you want to be considered capable of off-highway use.

The Outback satisfies 4 of them, though it IS shady as to whether or not it actually satisfied the running ground clearance, which says that all SPRUNG mass must not be below 20cm.

Yet the last year the Legacy wagon was offered, its EPA rating was the same as the sedan. And the weight difference was only 35-60 lbs (depending on trim).

I know a given model's CAFE mpg isn't the same as the EPA rating, but one would think if they're close enough to earn the same EPA rating, they can't be all that far apart for CAFE, either.

We don't have the Legacy Wagon anymore because they didn't sell, simple as that. It is gone forever so stop beating a dead horse. Plus the more I think about it, the more pissed at get at stupid fat f%*# Americans and their poser SUV/CUV whales.

We don't have the Legacy Wagon anymore because they didn't sell, simple as that. It is gone forever so stop beating a dead horse. Plus the more I think about it, the more pissed at get at stupid fat f%*# Americans and their poser SUV/CUV whales.

Agreed.Plus they weren't promoted/marketed at all.

Unless you knew Subarus they were a ghost in the automotive marketplace.

But the GTs make excellent grocery getter/sleepers when done correctly;)

Solution would be to tax the heck out of SUV:s and raise gas prices. That would make ordinary wagons more interesting.

Agreed. If taxes on gas were increased gradually and a plan was laid out simply, this would be a very effective way to accomplish multiple goals in the US.

$.25/gallon tax increase goes into effect every 9 months for the next 6 years. We would generate significant revenue and it would allow most people to switch to a more fuel efficient vehicle the next time they buy.

Unfortunately this will never happen because our voting public doesn't understand that we are damn near broke and our reliance on oil is not helping anything.

Archived