LegacyGT.com

Cusco TypeII Lower Arm Bars for LGT

Rallitek.com

Are these new products? I saw you said in another thread that you had an exclusive on these. I think another vendor was selling the same. Just wondering, as they are on my list.

Xenonk - How do you like it? Do you have the front installed too?

Sean S.

Nope, no front yet.. I plan to get it later in the season after I get the kinks sorted out with just the rear.. (I might not even need the front if the rear is doing what I want it to do).

The car today at the local autox was very driftable on R-compounds, so I am happy with that, but I did notice a really big dfference in the stiffness in the rear as I was swinging the rear (by accident as I didnt expect to SWING IT THAT MUCH). The tire's shoulder heated up a lot more than what I expected, so something told me something was different. The scrubbing on the shoulders of the tires are different (less than usual).

I will have to double check on the bolts again after tomorrow's event to ensure everything is locked-down and settled in. It's pretty cool to know that when I was installing the rears, the rear secondary lateral link (that's what the rear underbrace bolts up to) had a some load from the tires being off the ground. I had to jack the bottom of the tire (of course the rest of the car was already off the ground) to get the lateral arm realigned to fit in. With this said, I am sure the rear wheels do experience toe and camber changes during braking and acceleration. This underbrace should keep the pivot points from moving in and out of the center line of the car's dorsal axis. The main part of the rear underbrace ties the two ends of the lateral links together to keep the uniformity at equal length to prevent toe and camber changes.

Final thoughts: Good stuff

Keefe

Keefe

I would like to hear a review of the product. Does it stiffen up the hankling any better??

Firedawgs, I posted a review of the front brace in the Reviews section. I though the rear bits were, given how tight the rear already was, a bit extreme for my situation.

Kevin

Yes and no, but generally yes, it's pretty much the same as what swaybars do.. only the effects of the sway bar is more direct than braces. The braces are less effective if the primary parts of the suspension are soft to begin with (think of it as "the next weakest link in the chain"). There's nothing wrong with bringing some of the understeer back (as it's easier to correct understeering with less effort in driving). It's all a balancing act to get the car to have neutral steering in all sorts of turns (but we know that impossible, so as us drivers need to compensate for the various turns). It really comes down of how you want your car to set up. Currently, I am happy with my GT having the rear underbrace and a front top strut bar as my final suspension upgrades. The car rotates like a dream as we speak with just minor adjustments in camber, toe and tire pressures (which are quick and simple adjustments than installing a fixed part that isolates and limits the output/results to a certain set up).

Keefe

Keefe

speaking of steering...how can one make the steering feel more "SOLID/FIRM" and not soft/floaty/non-direct!!! Does anyone know what I am talking about or am I....

CRAZY KEN

i.e. Steering column bushing of some sort...Just asking!!!

It's within in the alignment and main parts of the suspension. The more camber the car runs, the slower the steering responses feels. I assume it has to do the the caster as well, but I havent figured out why there is soo much play in the steering. I havent seen anything out of the ordinary from a WRX to the GT that gives me an idea of why the steering response is slow.. (other than lower center of gravity, more weight and the actual location of the tie rods' distance to the center axis of the drive axles). Sometimes I really want to just sell off my WRX quick steering rack and take that money to get my stock GT steering rack to get modded to a 10.5:1 ratio by http://www.rev-lab.com that will fix the steering for sure! :lol: ($1400 fix).

Keefe

Keefe

Archived