LegacyGT.com

Subaru H6 Twin Turbo MY06/07

agctr

Well have heard plenty of whispers about this but could it be media hype or real. Its anyones guess. I know that Seth and I have spoken about this engine and the possible output many many many times and we know that Subaru Japan and FHI have been playing with this combination for quite sometime with power figures around the 400+HP range.

Could this be a real proposition for 2006 / 2007, again its anyones guess but this could certainly but Subaru and STi into the big league. From information I have heard, something is brewing deep inside the belly of the Japanese Dragon.

Keep yr station tuned here.....

Ada///M.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sorry to say, it may only be a Japanese, Australian, New Zealand and European Project but Im sure that a LHD Conversion could be done. Just a lot of hype atm re this and just seems strange that questions have been asked and not the "USUAL" responses have been given.

Ada///M.

IF SOA has the balls to bring it to the states it will sell! Even if it is priced @ 40k...that may be a little low...maybe 45k.

I wish SOA would put the question to the buyer....I will put my name on the dotted line for one.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I would just LOVE to know who makes these decisions and what they are based on because I have never seen a survey form, never even been asked a question re stuff like this, it is uninformed Jurno's that have no idea ? If a 120K+ Ferrari would sell, surely a 45+K H6TT would go down a treat on a GLOBAL scale.

Ada///M.

I think they could do it in the mid 30k range. i dont think they will bring it here, there is really no market for a 400hp 4 door sedan. the STi sells well, but other than the people on this board, there really wont be much interest in it.
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Guest *Jedimaster*
This has never been discussed before at all. I think Bigfoot is test driving the prototype right now. It's undergoing wet weather endurance with the Loch Ness Monster and a Chupacabra is testing paint quality. Rumor is the trunk monkey has been replaced with a Jersey Devil.

There is a market: anyone who wants the performance of a BMW M5 but doesn't have that much $$$ to spend.

My guess is that if the H6 motor is turboed, the first recipient will be the Tribeca (albeit probably not at the 400 HP level).

I think they could do it in the mid 30k range. i dont think they will bring it here, there is really no market for a 400hp 4 door sedan. the STi sells well, but other than the people on this board, there really wont be much interest in it.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Adrock- I'm saying that we've talked about this before and that we'll likely never see it. There's a mythical one that everyone talks about supposedly running around in testing, but to my knowledge hasn't been confirmed.

Come on guys..

A 400+HP TT H6 for 40K+ is going to sell, and a lot... Just look at the numbers of those 400+HP cars, which will be faster than the new M3, S4 maybe RS4, and Nissan/Infiniti is bringing Skyline to the States, prob a tt 3.5 with ~400 hp as well, how much do you think they will sell that? 40K at least....

It just gets me (and everybody else too I believe) mad, that there are no surveys, no market research, nothing... STi badge is proven to be well seen in the industry, and well respected for performance and reliability, why not an even more powerful Legacy STi tt etc and all??????

SOA where are you to listen to your fellow buyers???

heheheheh

Fingers crossed for something like that, once the Spec B was just a joke, sorry guys if you have bought yours....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Guest *Jedimaster*
Adam- you're right- we won't get it, I'm sure. Almost everything we get is a dilluted version of the good stuff. If the Spec B is a test, it's a poor one. I'd think about a 40-42K H6 twin turbo because it's obvious what you're getting. The Spec B doesn't even get any badging, which means most people won't know what it is at first glance. Aluminum suspension components, unique paint and some different wheels do NOT a premium model make. The red leather and little # XXX out of 500 badge is tacky. Best thing about it is the red gauges. It's just a poser car IMO.

As much of a skeptic I am, the 2.5 liter turbo was pretty well held back with tight lips until just before it was actually released. Subaru does a pretty good job of keeping secrets. I wouldn't be completely shocked if Subaru did this.

Archived