LegacyGT.com

Morimoto HID or Volt HID

mds0017

Okay so first off, I currently have DDM Tuning HID's. Unfortunetly my drivers side has NEVER ignited on the first try. I have tried turning lights off before turning the car off and also starting the car before turning them on. I then installed a relay harness which didnt help.

So...

I'm going to buy a new kit, from a different manufacterer because I cannot stand DDM's rediculous turnaround time.

Anyone tried the Morimoto's from theretrofitsource.com?

How much of an improvement would they be over DDM?

Also how much of an improvement would Volt be over DDM?

And lastly, is there any possibility that I could continue to have the same problem because of the way my car is wired or something?

personally i didn't like their customer service response

it says the kit is for 4th gen LGT, and installation instruction is available

Kit came with no instruction at all, so I emailed them with my model year, they reply me with a link to a 5th gen install that just have some words and no pics...

Well, we are sponsor here and have been for a long time. I won't comment on a the other product but we can tell you that the Volt is one great kit with excellent reliability. If you have a defective part we send you one right away. No need to return the defective one. That's how rare this happens! Imagine if we had to do this and the kit was not reliable...That brand would have been gone a looong time ago. And it's not made in China ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Well I have had the Morimotos for about a month now, no issues. I went with 5000k and the color is spot on. No blue or yellow whatsoever. I have them set up without a retrofit, and the cutoff doesnt look bad at all. Theres a nice blue streak at the cutoff. I would recommend the Morimotos without a doubt.

Archived