LegacyGT.com

Lowering springs for 08 Spec.B

Rushin

Hey Everyone,

I bet this is a common question but i really want to be sure here. I am looking for lowering springs for my 08 spec.b. I was looking around and there are a few options, however it looks like most of the springs will make the car much stiffer. I am looking mostly to lower the car and keep the ride quality. I would hate to have a stiff and bumpy ride. So what would be THE BEST lowering springs for my spec.b? Does subaru(spt) make a set?

Thanks, T

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
STI Pink Sport Springs (for the Legacy Sedan) are what you're looking for. If you're staying stock with your Bilsteins, you can't find a better combination, in my opinion.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I am in the same boat as you, let me know what you decide and how it goes. I just got an 08 specB and it has Tein S springs on it. They are way to stiff for the stock damper. I love the ~1.5" drop though!!! I am trying to decide to sell the stock setup and S's and get some sweet coilovers or just get some pinks.

If I lived down south and din't have to deal with the brutal potholes from the freeze / thaw cycle I would definitely consider coilovers.

Took me 3-4 months to decide on the springs and I'm not totally happy with the results.

I need to do some research on coilovers and sways. It is temping to do all Cobb cuz it was all engineered to work together. Otherwise we are guessing and getting lucky. Anytime you change a spring rate you need to change the damping! This is where coilovers come in. Plus they are adjustable. I take long trips with my specb loaded down so i am going to have two settings on a set of coilovers so that i do not kill the life of my tires. What are yall's thoughts?

M

• 1 month later...

Archived