LegacyGT.com

Going LGT shopping tomorrorw

stiwanabe

Well, my old car bit the dust so Im now in the market for a new one. Ive been mulling it over for weeks now, just exactly which subaru I wanted, wrx, sti, lgt, obxt. After a lot of thought and careful consideration Ive decided an LGT fits me best. Id most like a wagon, but Im not having any luck finding one.

I found two near me that Im gonna take a look at tomorrow. One's an 05, the other an 06. Both around 100K, both around $11K. Im a master GM tech so Ive got no problem maintaining the thing and will probably just do the timing belt and change ALL the fluids as soon as I get it.

Question is, basically what type of things should I look for. Other than obvious stuff that you'd check prior to any used car purchase.

There is a thread under 4th generation legacy's that talks about how many miles LGT's have and how they are holding up, I'm not sure if there is one for hatchbacks...That is a good place to look. As far as being an owner of an '06 LGT, I love it! I have never been happier, and it's very reliable (BUT mine only has 27K)

Well, my old car bit the dust so Im now in the market for a new one. Ive been mulling it over for weeks now, just exactly which subaru I wanted, wrx, sti, lgt, obxt. After a lot of thought and careful consideration Ive decided an LGT fits me best. Id most like a wagon, but Im not having any luck finding one.

I found two near me that Im gonna take a look at tomorrow. One's an 05, the other an 06. Both around 100K, both around $11K. Im a master GM tech so Ive got no problem maintaining the thing and will probably just do the timing belt and change ALL the fluids as soon as I get it.

Question is, basically what type of things should I look for. Other than obvious stuff that you'd check prior to any used car purchase.

I heard that 05, 06 have bad turbo?

well, I never got to go. I was heading down I-95 and saw one of the electronic boards said "Major Accident Ahead. All Lanes Blocked. 6 Mile Delay" So i turned right back around. I work at a dealership but never see ANY legacys come in, not even N/A so I asked the used car sales mgr to check the auctions for me. We'll see how it goes.

I heard that 05, 06 have bad turbo?

Depends on who you ask. My '05 and many others are over 60k (mine is 98k) and they're just fine. Some people went Stg 2 and had more struggles with their stock turbo. Some people stayed stock and ran into problems. It's like any other car, take care of it and it will most likely be fine. The banjo bolt was some concern but you can search and read about that if you want. Again, I'm at 98k with not a problem in the world and I'm Stage 1.

Mine has been great. The thread linked above is also a great resource. The one nice thing about '07 and above is the lack of a cat in the UP. So there is one thing to think about if you're willing to buy a year newer. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

BTW, is there such thing as an LGT wagon or OBXT with a manual trans??? lol, I know there is but I cant find ANY within a 100mi radius. Not even one thats out of my price range. The only thing I can find with a stick is an LGT sedan...

Mine has been great. The thread linked above is also a great resource. The one nice thing about '07 and above is the lack of a cat in the UP. So there is one thing to think about if you're willing to buy a year newer. :)

Can always get a catless UP for it. Id be hard pressed to find an 07 for under $10K

LGT wagon only came in manual in 2005. OBXT has a manual in all trims, but they are in the vast minority. in my area I have a better chance at a OBXT manual then a LGT wagon (let alone wagon with a manual since it is only 1 year)

asfar as under 10k, good luck finding any LGT or OBXT under 10k.

LGT wagon only came in manual in 2005. OBXT has a manual in all trims, but they are in the vast minority. in my area I have a better chance at a OBXT manual then a LGT wagon (let alone wagon with a manual since it is only 1 year)

asfar as under 10k, good luck finding any LGT or OBXT under 10k.

Damn, no manual wagons in 06? That's gonna make this fun.

Nah, haven't had any problems finding a sedan under $10k. I've found at least three of them. Hadn't had a chance to go check them out yet though.

Archived