LegacyGT.com

To Bra or not to Bra, that is the question.

Bra or no Bra?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Bra or no Bra?

• Just the front bumper
    • Bumper and Hood
    • Bumper, Hood, Fenders
    • Bumper Hood, Fenders, A-Pillars, and roof (just the first 6 inches)

Getting my front end new-a-fied due to a run in with a forester a few months back and I'm debating on whether I should clear bra the whole front end to save my new paint and to keep it forever chip free in the front. Do they look shoddy or is it worth the investment?

Do it, My brother in law installs clear bra, Hit me up if you interested in a quote, He uses that 3m scotchshield which is suppose to be the best material right now. i am having my front bumper repainted and then clearing the whole nose and my back bumper.

I'd go with no bra. A buddy of mine with a white G8 had one put on his car. 6 months later is was yellow. IIRC the dealership uses 3m. Yes he has a lifetime warranty on it, but would you really feel like not having your car for however long it takes just to have a bra pulled and replaced?

The yellowing does make me nervous, which is why I would want to go with a good brand such as 3M. That sucks Nrw that your buddy used it and went to crud after a short 6 months...maybe he didn't maintain it properly? It has to be like taking care of Eisenglass on boats and rear windows of convertibles. Proper maintenance will keep most anything from going to sheit.

Has anybody used it and if so for how long and how is it in the long run?? If its just a maintenance thing to keep it looking clear I have no issues with that, much easier to keep up with that than to have to look at painful paint chips that are almost inevitable with frequent highway driving...

make sure you get the 3m one if you get it.. off brands will yellow with in 4 months. you deff get what you pay for. being that your car is silver you will see it yellow very fast and once this happens you just threw your money away.

3M warentees there clear bras from yellowing. I had one on my srt4 for the whole life of the car and it never yellowed. my dad had some off brand on his silver GTO and with in 6 months it was junk.

its a good investment - but maintinece is key. make sure you wax that puppy atleast every 2 weeks or it will haze up and look like crap especialy in the winter time with all the salt. atleast take the car through the bay once a week. if you dont clean the car alot then dont even get one cause it will look like crap in a year or so, even a 3m one.

I think I'm gunna go for it, and do it myself. I'm a pro at doing the full body clear covers on phones this has to be easier if done right, no tiny corners to try and keep held down

There aren't any sharp corners, but you'll have to deal with dips and curves of the body lines. Be sure to have a heat gun handy.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I bought my car with it already installed. Not sure how long it's been on there.. Its been on there at least a year. I live in Colorado, 7000 ft, heavy use of cinders in the winter, havent ever taken "special" care of it. Still looks good, no discoloration that i can tell.

It was the same price for their brand bra or 3M scotchguard so I opted for the 3M which has a 5 year warranty while their stuff has lifetime warranty. They also mentioned that their bras are clearcoated which probably plays a big role in how fast these things yellow

Archived