LegacyGT.com

The leaves, they are a-changin'

Fallschirmjaeger

Had a good drive over the weekend, went up into the foothills to see the autumnal colors.

Started off in Dahlonega and headed to Suches, and lunched at Turner's Corner (I think), had fun on the twisties to Neel's Gap and Hood, Ga, then Helen, Ga and back to the house. Apparently everyone else had the same idea, poor me, I got stuck in back of this rolling roadblock consisting of Porsche's, Ferrarri's and one bright yellow Lambo, plus about two or three dozen sport bikes.:icon_wink Only slow spot was getting stuck behind granddad going down one of the mountains, I was in back of him and we got passed by guys on Bicycles, grrrr.

99% of trip was great, even the fuel milage was higher than I expected. Think I might even do it again later in the month,

funny to see this post... i live around that area. its amazing to live 50 miles out of atlanta and sit in stop and go trying to get from to work all week... leave the house on saturday, and sit in stop and go from the mountain traffic an hour from atlanta! thats the reason i live way out, to escape on the weekends. :)

cant blame them, its awesome out here this time of year..

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f159/unnamed-source/ScreenShot002.jpg

Earlier this year, at the Air Force Museum in Ohio.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f159/unnamed-source/DSC00076.jpg

I'd have taken pics of the trip to the mountains,, but the camera had a dead battery and it was too late to get it charged.

Looks like a great drive!!

One good thing about not coming up this year is having to go through another birthing:eek: along with 2-3 outfits

Pixie dust........they need to sprinkle that sh1t over me;)

I know they have to laugh every time my family comes through the door:rolleyes:

For the past 3 yrs it was all that was talked about

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

That's cool! The weekend before, I took a ride up to Brasstown Bald. Only trouble I had was getting stuck in Dahlonega's Gold Rush Festival traffic. Otherwise, was a great drive. Was very surprised how well my car handled the roads, especially coming through Neel's Gap. I have to say the Goodyear F1's are awesome.

Last weekend I headed up towards Rome, Summerville, and Lookout Mountain. Very nice up that way, too.

(Pics are from Brasstown Bald.)

brasstown1.thumb.jpg.13ec2eff494e36cfb1e04f2325a6110b.jpg

brasstown2.thumb.jpg.71f3ab0ace985679c1cde3cf3e123cff.jpg

brasstown3.thumb.jpg.40028c0c12dcceca6c72f656577f133d.jpg

Because of the festival, the whole square and surrounding roads were closed. By the time I reallized what was going on, and where I had to go to get through, the whole place was just gridlock. Doubled my trip time from 2 hours to 4. Not much fun.

When it was time to come home, I took 19 North up to Blairsville, where I almost had to drive around their circle twice. I then took 76/515/575 back home. Pretty boring compared to 19, but at least I had no traffic issues. Got home in exactly 2 hours from the Bald.

It seems like I make it up that way about once every 5 years. Every time I'm I'm up there, I'm like "wow, can't believe this is only a couple hours away." Then another 5 years go by before I go back....

Archived