LegacyGT.com

First time using Klasse all in one

I am definately no rookie when it comes to detailing a car. I am 24 now, but my father was in the car business most of my life as a general manager for various dealers, and from about 10 years old + i was working with the lot-men detailing cars, making a few extra bucks :) - Good times

Anyways, my last car i purchased new - 2007 Civic.

I never had to clay it in the 5 years i owned it because of how meticulous i was with it.

I used the Old Mothers 4 step process, similar to what is found at this link, but it had another step as well. (http://www.gpartsinc.com/p-802-mothers-complete-ultimate-wax-system-kit.aspx?cagpspn=pla&gclid=CPTAz5vo0bICFeaDQgod0RIALw

Except I used the Carnauba paste rather than the liquid.

I purchased my 2005 OBXT in March and have not yet used a full wax yet, only a spray detailer every time i wash.

The guy who tinted my car said "im so glad they decided to bring back the old outback body style this year". He thought my car was just driven off the lot...

So the paint is in AWESOME shape and i am happy. Just like my civic, people thought it looked new over 5 years later!

Now, before this harsh SoCal Winter kicks in :lol: i want to get some good protection on there as well as make her pop!

I do go to the beach every morning, so I do get some of that ocean salt (non affecting me yet), so i want a good layer of protection.

My big detailing kit i assembled over the years was stolen in my apartments (savages - honestly who steals car detailing stuff!!!)

This time around i thought i would jump on the band wagon and pick up some Klasse All in One.

I understand that this is just the first step (if i dont clay) to detailing the exterior, so i wanted to know what steps i should follow with.

I was thinking 2 coats of Pure Carnauba Wax would do well.

I was also thinking of trying this one [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-California-Brazilian-Carnauba-Liquid/dp/B0002U1TX0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1348613759&sr=1-1&keywords=mothers+carnauba]http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-California-Brazilian-Carnauba-Liquid/dp/B0002U1TX0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1348613759&sr=1-1&keywords=mothers+carnauba[/ame] this time around.

I obviously dont want to use anything with any type of cleaner after the Klasse, so i want to also be sure that it is 100% carnauba and a non cleaner....

What do you fellow paint fanatics think?

Also:

I purchased Lexol Cleaner and conditioner and made a how to video with my cell phone that i planned on posting, but I think im going to do it again with a gopro or my T1i....

and lastly: My dad's dealerships never used the air freshener i have searched for my whole life.. It is a very distinct smell, that has no name that im aware of, i dont think its new car.... its... so hard to describe, but at the same time its that CAR smell (not new car, it doesnt smell like a new car) but its a distinct car smell that as soon as you smell it, it makes u think car... Anyone know what it is? closest thing i have found was this...[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-335-Fresh-Protectant/dp/B004M3IQRK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348614062&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+wax+new+car+smell]http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-335-Fresh-Protectant/dp/B004M3IQRK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348614062&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+wax+new+car+smell[/ame]

but its not spot on and unfortunately that stuff doesn't work that great and the smell doesn't last more than a day.

S100 Paste wax is supposed to layer over AIO with good results. I haven't tried it myself as I don't waste my time with carnauba waxes because they only last a few weeks. Once my supply of Klasse AIO and SG is gone I will be switching to something easier to apply with a "wetter" look like Wolfgang or Zaino. What color is your car? I find that dark colors benefit most from the wet looks of carnauba. My last two cars have been silver which isn't worth the effort to get that wet wax look. The "polished rock" look of Klasse is adequate for my daily driven silver cars.

FYI - you can pick up S100 at Harley Davidson dealerships.

First off... Definitely clay the vehicle. It doesn't hurt anything to do that even if you dont' think it needs it. My car feels much slicker after I clay it even though it felt pretty smooth before. If you are going to be doing any kind of seasonal prep detailing, you definitely should clay it. You can't stop IFO from getting on your car, so clay is just necessary once a year.

Klasse AIO is just a paint cleaner and prep for a real sealant. It doesn't offer much protection at all. The real protection is the Sealant Glaze, so that is what I would definitely include in your process. AIO all by itself isn't going to improve your vehicle that much, but it will clean off all of the wax and grime from the paint so it is clean and ready for whatever you put on next. But that is what it is for... it is just a primer for wax or a sealant.

As long as you are using a paste wax then you should be fine. Any liquid wax is going to have a high enough solvent content that it is just going to remove any wax underneath. It isn't practical to layer liquid waxes, so don't worry about doing it. Paste waxes are much much better at layering if that is what you are wanting to do. S100 being among the better paste waxes you can buy locally. Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax is also another great option.

Don't get fooled by the 'Brazilian carnauba' thing. Brazil is where carnauba comes from, so pretty much all of it is Brazilian. That's like saying "Idaho Potatoes" or "Florida Oranges" and trying to make people think they are exotic. And while carnauba is great, it isn't the longest lasting stuff on earth. If you want to venture into the synthetics then you should try out either the acrylic sealant companion to AIO (SG) or maybe try the Meguiars Ultimate liquid/paste wax. They say 'wax' but that is just to avoid confusion. The liquid is actually a polymer sealant and very durable and awesome looking. On black it would be outstanding. That on top of two or three layers of SG would be mind blowing. It's worth exploring.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

First off... Definitely clay the vehicle. It doesn't hurt anything to do that even if you dont' think it needs it. My car feels much slicker after I clay it even though it felt pretty smooth before. If you are going to be doing any kind of seasonal prep detailing, you definitely should clay it. You can't stop IFO from getting on your car, so clay is just necessary once a year.

Klasse AIO is just a paint cleaner and prep for a real sealant. It doesn't offer much protection at all. The real protection is the Sealant Glaze, so that is what I would definitely include in your process. AIO all by itself isn't going to improve your vehicle that much, but it will clean off all of the wax and grime from the paint so it is clean and ready for whatever you put on next. But that is what it is for... it is just a primer for wax or a sealant.

As long as you are using a paste wax then you should be fine. Any liquid wax is going to have a high enough solvent content that it is just going to remove any wax underneath. It isn't practical to layer liquid waxes, so don't worry about doing it. Paste waxes are much much better at layering if that is what you are wanting to do. S100 being among the better paste waxes you can buy locally. Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax is also another great option.

Don't get fooled by the 'Brazilian carnauba' thing. Brazil is where carnauba comes from, so pretty much all of it is Brazilian. That's like saying "Idaho Potatoes" or "Florida Oranges" and trying to make people think they are exotic. And while carnauba is great, it isn't the longest lasting stuff on earth. If you want to venture into the synthetics then you should try out either the acrylic sealant companion to AIO (SG) or maybe try the Meguiars Ultimate liquid/paste wax. They say 'wax' but that is just to avoid confusion. The liquid is actually a polymer sealant and very durable and awesome looking. On black it would be outstanding. That on top of two or three layers of SG would be mind blowing. It's worth exploring.

can you fly to maryland and detail my car?

lol I've got too much crazy family back east, so I like to keep the central time zone as a buffer between me and them. But I'll let you know as soon as I have all the cars on this end of the country looking good and can start moving in your direction. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Wash, clay, wash, klasse AIO, sealant of choice....wait 12 hours layer do sealant again or carnauba wax. sealant I'll recommend is 4* paint protection (thanks ocdetails for that good stuff;very slick and nice finish) or ultima paint protection( its WOWA...wipe on walk away, no buffing.) Also depending on what color u have the wax u use makes a differents. Some wax make metallic and pearls pop, while overs don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived