LegacyGT.com

Custom-made Sport Grill: S402 Replica Walkthrough ('05-'07 Legacy)

nospmoht04

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey nospmoht04,

I'm still game for a S402 grill. If for some reson I do change my mind I know there are many in line behind me that will snatch it up in a heartbeat. Maybe it's the color of your car, mostly dark with bright headlights and a shiney emblem. I wish I could see this on a BSM like mine.

Hey nospmoht04,

I'm still game for a S402 grill. If for some reson I do change my mind I know there are many in line behind me that will snatch it up in a heartbeat. Maybe it's the color of your car, mostly dark with bright headlights and a shiney emblem. I wish I could see this on a BSM like mine.

Since my car is TSM it should help visualize the contrast better. I will be applying an overlay on the badge (black and silver) and have blacked out headlights so hopefully that is helpful in your decision. I like it on his car too though :D

Since my car is TSM it should help visualize the contrast better. I will be applying an overlay on the badge (black and silver) and have blacked out headlights so hopefully that is helpful in your decision. I like it on his car too though :D

I also have blacked out headlights and I think the black overlay will help tone the emblem down a bit. I was also thinking of the chrome being subdued a bit with black chrome, but then again it wouldn't match the trunk emblem.

I've been waiting to see how this came out for awhile and, well its official, I need one of these. I know its probably a really long wait but I don't really care at this point I'm willing to wait. I'd prefer to keep my stock grill but if you run into a situation where you're hurting for stock grills then I could send mine after getting the new one. Just throw me on the waiting list please!

Can I get a recessed honeycombed grille? Very nice work on these grilles btw

I actually have a honeycomb sheet I bought off eBay for $55 shipped that I could make 2 recessed grills out of. Its nice stuff and has just been sitting around and i need to put it to use. It'd be an extra $20 ontop of the normal $175 recessed price for that mesh. I'll get it touch with you when the time comes.

Geez the pressure!

For starters I want to thank Steve for all his hard work on this project and it really is well done! I'm thrilled with the addition to the car and really have viewed the JDM S402 style honeycomb grill as the ultimate style for our front end. This custom grill is the best way to accomplish that style without going with a full JDM swap.

I made a quick stop on my way into work today and snapped some quick phone shots. Please pardon the dirty car - been blasting bugs on my commute ;) I tried to capture a few different angles to get a feel for the way it fits.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/null-4-1.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/null-2-2.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/null-5.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/null-6.jpg

God, that looks stupid good.

What is the lead time on one of these?

Things are going to be a bit delayed until I get it up and running again, I have a bunch of grills on hand now that I'm stripping the chrome from but I'm out of commission until probably next week. I had a little situation where I had to break up a couple of dogs and one bit my hand pretty good. Got a few good puncture wounds and I can't even make a fist at this point. Aside from that I've been contacted by around 35 people now so you're looking at a couple of months anyways at this point. Best I can do is write you down and contact you when it's time.