LegacyGT.com

How long does it take to order an LGT

Precise

Im going to be in the market for a new car soon and although I haven't committed myself to the Legacy GT sedan just yet, it is a very high contender. I've never owned a car before so I think it should be pretty sweet.

If I do choose to go with the legacy how long would it take for an order to be delivered to me (assuming no dealers in the area have the car)? I wanted to get it by summer and it seems like a long way off but last time my family ordered a car it took 3 months for it to get here, albeit it was from germany.

Also, if I do get the LGT so late in the year, I guess I would be better off with an '06 model. Is there a time frame known for when the model year '06s will be manufactured?

Off topic question: is learning how to drive a 5MT hard:lol:

It typically takes 6-8 weeks if you order a vehicle. That's 6-8 weeks from when Subaru typically takes their monthly orders at the end of every month. If you just missed the cut off for a given month, add the number of weeks to the next cut off this amount. Your dealer should know when the orders go in.

If you want the car by summer, you probably have a couple more months.

Subaru typically cuts over to their next year model, assuming it's not a new introduction, sometime at the end of the summer. If you want an '06 you probably won't see one before August.

Learning 5MT isn't difficult but it takes patience and someone willing to let you learn on their car. The most effective way is to try and get the car rolling without applying the gas. Simply feather the clutch and learn the catch point.

Subaru manuals aren't the easiest to learn on, however. They do require a bit more finesse than, say, a Honda. I think the easiest way to learn clutch is on a very small displacement 2WD car (ie. Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla).

Ken

Hey Precise,

If you have some sort of combo that's harder to find in a GT it's generally something like if it's the color white in a wagon or what not. Though you never know you might want a regal blue with black leather interior manual with every darn accessory known to man and rather save cash ordering it like that then having that stuff installed. To understand how long it takes you have to understand how cars are brought here in a sense. Every few weeks there are allocations where that region for Subaru gives a dealership a list of cars they can either accept or reject. It's based on what they have and what you've sold, so if you've sold stuff thats more rare you tend to get allocated those more often. Say every dealer picks their cars there tends to be 50 to 75 cars not picked. If your dealer can't locate your specific car with a dealer who swaps with them and there isn't one at the "port" to pick up then they will have to do a true order. If the plant was making one that was going to be available soon your wait is less. If's some freakish one off then you wait longer but it's hard today with cars to make that true freakish one off.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

thanks for all the replies

that sounds interesting. So lets say I wanted a MY 2006 vehicle. Could I order in June for a delivery in August, or would they probably start taking orders in August?

I'm not really sure what they could add to the legacy next year (im not interested in navigation system), but if they respond to all of the little complaints on this forum, i would be a lot happier. The only thing thats really holding me back now is the issue with adding aftermarket car audio. I really have to think about this now.

No one really knows Precise Subaru itself dictates all of that. It would probably not be very smart to pre-order an 06 till you know what changes and features they make. My guess since the new Legacy hit dealerships early summer to late spring you will see 06's in June at the earliest this time. All depends on how the 05's sell this spring then Subaru decides when to hold out on releasing 06's. We will probably see a new Forester shortly after the B9X's introduction so Subaru hopes to be on a massive selling spree this spring and onward. The Outback and Legacy will probably just see the usual year to year updates. I'm praying for hid's and navigation as options and see them split the stereo and climate controls in half so we can put our own headunits in it. That's one of the kickers for me in buying a gt sedan myself. I would also prefer they go back to the Forester or previous Outback design with securing the floor mats instead of the hook everyone rips out.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

I guess I just have bad luck... I just ended my 11th week waiting for mine and my sales guy just keeps saying "shortly." blah, i'm jealous KTM.

so, '06 models arent coming in march/april again?? (like they did for the WRX a few times)

Where do you live and what combo can't they find for you cosmos? Your dealership either has a lot of enemies who won't trade, you picked something mega rare, or did a ton of accessories and it was worth it to wait. Well at least you thought it was worth it to wait.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

I am in norcal (between sacto and the bay.) I had one dealer do a search for two weeks. I waited for about 6 weeks before caving in and just ordering to get rid of some of the stress. :) But now it's week 12 and my sales dude won't return my emails/phone calls. Maybe it's time for another call to SOA.

The car I wanted was a Regal Blue GT Wagon with a 5MT. Didn't care about the options as I figured I could do anything I wanted afterwords.

i know the feeling cosmos... i ordered back in early october and a few weeks later, i was told delivery was imminent as my car had supposedly been built and we should be receiving word for pick up "any day now." that was before thanksgiving and now into january there still is no word. my sales guy says subaru has not had open communication with him so he doesn't have any answers for me. the only problem is, whenever my sales guy says he'll call me with new info, he never does and i have to track him down. i sometimes wonder if my order ever went through; it seems someone has dropped the ball somewhere be it subaru or the salesman. it came to the point where i didn't trust him anymore. it's been a miserable experience so i just went out and bought my lgt at a local dealer for what i consider an acceptable price for my budget. thanks to all on this list for your help in my new purchase. it made the actual dealership experience a piece of cake and no hassle purchase.

My car was ordered Sept 1st and I had it on the 20th or so, but I live close to Indiana and I did want any options which might have sped up the process.

Go test drive a VW Bettle turbo with a manual. I have been driving manuals for a long time and this was the easiest I have ever driven.

• 3 weeks later...
My 1st post. Ordered my white GT limited wagon 5M yesterday at Irvine Subaru. My salesman, Chuck Copeland was great. He said it would be about 8 weeks, which from what I've read here seems about right. It's going to be a long 8 weeks. All ready learned alot cause I was up till 2AM reading posts on this site. Great work, Hope I can contribute at some point.

Can any of the posters here that work in the industry give us more information on the ordering procedure. Should our dealer be able to show us an order sheet, or have some kind of order number? Is there any way we could follow up or confirm our order directly with SOA?

Couldn't take any longer then it take s to have one repaired, been 2 months now without the Legacy, I totally forget how it feels to drive. Also learning to drive manual is not hard and all and this car has an easy clutch.

Song of Post- Sublime- 5446

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Archived