LegacyGT.com

Airbag light on after I unbolted the seat. Reset?

• 2 weeks later...

I accidentally left my windows and moonroof open one day just to get back after a sudden summer down-pour... :icon_cry:

Anyway, long story short I stripped out the interior, including the seats to dry everything out before powering the car on, (had it towed home by AAA) and when I reinstalled everything I had no Airbag or warning lights of any kind. So as sigmafour suggested, I'd double check the connections and maybe disconnect the battery or just try driving the car for awhile.

Worst case scenario is that you would have to bring it into the dealership and have them run the airbag codes.

Also, was there any liquid in the bottle that broke? Could have shorted it. As stated above if everything is connected and not reset bring to the dealership to have the airbag code checked. I hate airbag lights, a lot of them require the dealership subaru software to clear and pin point problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Were you able to get this resolved?

I'll be working on a project to trick the occupancy sensors on the passenger seat and wanted to know if I can get away with not going to the dealer to reset the light after unbolting the seat in case my plan fails.

Archived