LegacyGT.com

HID low and high beams

strmdrgn

I am thinking about putting HIDs for my high beams and I already have HIDs for low beams, has anyone done this and will it cause problems with the electrical on the vehicle? The low beams are 8000K 35W kit and the high beams would be the same.

Some people will say don't do it, but I have and like it. If you live in the city it prob won't be helpful but if you live more rural like me and drive for 30 minutes to and hour straight with the highs on then the difference is night and day. These have saved me from the deer hood orniment several times. As far as the electrical probs, not really a prob but the fog light indicator in the gauges comes on when my highs are on even know the fogs are not truly on... that's the only difference for me.

I have 55w raptor v2 for Hi(4300K)and lows(8000K), and 35w raptor v2 fogs(2300K)

I think the reason people don't suggest high beams is because high beams can and often are used to flash quickly. If you replace it with HIDs, you lose that ability. HIDs are not designed for instant on/off usage.

Some people will say don't do it, but I have and like it. If you live in the city it prob won't be helpful but if you live more rural like me and drive for 30 minutes to and hour straight with the highs on then the difference is night and day. These have saved me from the deer hood orniment several times. As far as the electrical probs, not really a prob but the fog light indicator in the gauges comes on when my highs are on even know the fogs are not truly on... that's the only difference for me.

I have 55w raptor v2 for Hi(4300K)and lows(8000K), and 35w raptor v2 fogs(2300K)

they make 2300k HIDs?

Archived