LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy Wagon or Outback

jay-d

I'm looking for a new (to me) Legacy!

I've always had a hard on for the 2005 Legacy Wagon GT Limited 5spd, but since I've purchased my dream bike (2006 Honda VFR 800), I don't really have a hard on for a turbo charged car anymore! :redface:

I believe the Legacy Wagon only came in 5spd for 2005.. so that leaves me with the 2.5i Limited as I want the sun roof.

What about the Outback? Did that only come in manual for 2005 as well? I'm not too familiar with the Outbook specs, but other than the height increase, what other differences are there?

Sucks that I'm in Canada too! Hardly any cars and they're so expensive! :mad:

There is or used to be a OB XT on here with 430whp. So if you can find the OBXT you can do all the mods to it.

The 09's OB look pretty good too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
pagan is on the money here. I found a good deal on a LGT wagon, and bought it instead of the more costly OBXT. I have since found that twice in 18 months I've been on bad dirt roads that would have been more comfortably traversed in the OB. I was still looking for some speed after selling a ~400 rwhp MR2 turbo. To me, the LGT is too porky to ever fee las sprightly as the MR2, so buying a car like this for speed is a little weird to me, but different strokes for different folks and all that.

you can mate speed w/ a little reasonable ground clearance. lower the outback. hehehe.

thats what i was planning to do until a rare forester appeared. now im split.....

http://www.subaruoutback.org/gallery//500/14406img_0083.jpg

Try and drive both the Legacy and the Outback if you have an opportunity to do so. I went through the same thing and was able to drive both, and to me the Outback's ride was "floaty" and not as buttoned down as the Legacy. That could be due to the higher center of gravity, tire profile, suspension calibration or some combination of these. For me it was a no brainer to go with the Legacy, IF you don't need the extra ride height for your purposes. Good luck!

Archived