LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

Ecutek is about as closed a platform as you get - not knocking it, many advantages to using it (in particular for tuners who would like to protect their IP by locking their tunes, also the tuning workflow is generally quicker) - but you pay for it. Both in financial terms, and in being bound to an Ecutek tuner (unless you've gone the self-tuning route, only recently available, which I know is now available for the BRZs which I've been helping disassemble).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Just got revision 2. Only one hour after I sent my logs.

I don't expect Rob at AMR to do this all the time, but I must say that I am VERY impressed with the level of service.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Rob is the man! That's awesome Fredrik.

#s look very much in-line with my tune results.

I'm @ 223whp and 280 wtq (avg 228 wtq).

221 whp/wtq @ 5250RPMs

Reading the latest plots I think you're' basically in the same exact spot!

Notice the nice bump in the low and mid-range torque and the horsepower flattening above 5.2K RPM?

Rob is the man! That's awesome Fredrik.

#s look very much in-line with my tune results.

I'm @ 223whp and 280 wtq (avg 228 wtq).

221 whp/wtq @ 5250RPMs

Reading the latest plots I think you're' basically in the same exact spot!

Notice the nice bump in the low and mid-range torque and the horsepower flattening above 5.2K RPM?

Thanks, Perscitus.

We shall see how far he can go with tuning.

Yes, those numbers look awfully close. I wish we could put both cars on the same exact dyno for a better comparison. You may in fact be making 5whp to 10whp more. We will never know.

If there isn't much room left for improvement, it will be a testament to how well the intake and exhaust were working to begin with. A handful of dyno sessions has to account for something.

Revision 2 has the AF dialed back by ~0.25.

Cheers!

Ashamed to say I've lost my UR LWCP somewhere (can't find it since Sep/Oct last year).

Received a classic face-palm reply from UR when I told them earlier this year.

So... to redeem myself, I decided to search the interwebz a bit today for something similar....

Behold!!! A true EZ36D LWCP from Japan, complete with a lighter crank bolt cover, matching OEM!

http://www.prs.jp/products/detail_S138.html

Google translate tells me:

"Lightweight aluminum crank pulley to be installed easily, improve the response. Shaving super duralumin + in anodized finish, performance has become higher, dress-up effect of course"

* weight / genuine: 1562g (3.44 lb.) / PRS: 696g (1.53 lb.)

That's only 45% of the original weight

Granted URs design was super light @ just 0.75 lb. but just a prototype without the four bolt guides like the proper H6 unit here!!!!

Would've been nice though at just 21% of original weight.

* Support vehicles

Subaru Legacy BM / BR EZ engine equipped vehicles

Subaru Legacy BL / BP EZ engine equipped vehicles

* Reference wage (aim) 5,400 ???

*Part Number: S138

* 21,384 yen price (tax excluded price: 19,800 yen)

$210 ($194 without tax)

I have already sent them an email asking for a sample, test order.

Plus if all goes well, a GB price.

Capture.JPG.e1cc72695cb34689c458bedf6efe4738.JPG

Edited by Perscitus

Is it still going to be a pain/not cost effective to put on?

I'm quite sure the guys at Dietsch Werks in San Jose will get it on whatever it takes.

Thanks, Perscitus. Now, I have something to which I can look forward. :lol:(yes, that is grammatically correct):cool:

Cool, but that's not exactly what I was getting at. If I remember correctly, changing the CP on our cars was very time consuming and costly if you had to pay someone to do it. I was just wondering if anything had changed on that front?

Yes - its a complete PITA. I've tried four shops (including AZP) and they all gave up trying to install a CP.

Taking the stock one is easy enough, although there is almost no room to work with on the H6. But putting a new one on is a royal PITA.

However, a few months ago I found and purchased a great CP removal/install tool that consists of a chain wrapped in leather. I've tried looking for it now, can't find it online so I'll snap some pics when I can and try to find it again by manufacturer/name.

With this tool, it should be possible to secure the new pulley in place without lifting the engine and/or removing the radiator and whole front section of the car.

Question:

How the hell did you send them an e-mail with all that chicken scratch?

I went on there to purchase and couldn't make heads nor tails of it.

Google translate - I translated the whole form.

Name, email, email again, subject (some bullets; I chose RFQ), body.

Then a couple approvals and done.

I would not have been surprised if you were to say you are fluent in Japanese :lol:

Shrek looks better than that Carolla S by far. Absolutely love the car fredrik.

With everything going on in the world, Russian and Arabic are both very useful. I'm actually on my third year studying Arabic at my university, and I'm looking into Russian as well.

Back on topic...Perscitus, if you hear back from them, let us know about availability as well.

If they send over all those babes, I can be conquered rather easily :wub: