LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have any cel codes popped up for anyone? And has anyone tried just one washer? I think its sounds great but it may be a little too much.

No CEL codes. At all. I'm running one washer (with both bolts) on just one side, so I guess you could say I'm at 0.5 (and someone running just one washer total is at 0.25?)

HV

8 - 20 washers at various times and no CEL's or otherwise...

I mean, all your doing is reducing backpressure slightly at the mufflers, many many feet away from any type of sensor at all.

Don't over-read into this!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

how does it sound? how loud?

It's a nice pleasant burble, with a nice rasp when I get on it. I am stage 2 (downpipe cat delete + TDC tune). Basically, it lets me HEAR the car. With 100% stock, I could barely hear it at times.

Definitely not LOUD. Way quieter than half the GM SUVs I hear on the road here..

I like it!

tru thatm im at 2.5 and its niiiiice, i can't get enough of it, i live in new york and when i ride in the bronx and up by where i live in bumblefuck, people love it, and always ask what i did to it, especially since i put in the new intake, i sounds and performs great too
I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

yah, I just changed my oil and ditched a 8,000 mile stock paper filter for the "new" AVO filter. It may be my imagination, but it helps. It really does.

Or it could just be the clearing my maps and reloading a fresh realtime...

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

Finally got the tech at merchants to loosen my bolts and did the Hogzaust last night. My favorite is the muffler delete option-the car sounded more like an LS1 than an EJ25 engine. Then, took it to stage two and I thought it was a bit too loud. Left it at stage one which sounded just right but since I was in a condo garage, it was much quieter when I was above ground. Taking it back to stage two tonight!

I can't be stuffed bothering with looking through 116 pages either...

AWWW come on:) I thought you would know all of them off the top of your head, or know them like the back of your Hog-zawst :lol:

The stages are simply the number of washers you put on each bolt - Stage 1=1 washer on each bolt, Stage2=2 washers on each bolt, etc... More washers gives you a bigger gap between the exhaust pipe and the muffler which makes it louder.

The stages are simply the number of washers you put on each bolt - Stage 1=1 washer on each bolt, Stage2=2 washers on each bolt, etc... More washers gives you a bigger gap between the exhaust pipe and the muffler which makes it louder.

lol thats the hogzhaust? took me only 100+ pages to find this out :p

looked at the connection connecting the mufflers to the rest of the exhaust and looked like if i break it apart it will not be put together too easilly due to rust anyone have that problem? look like the rust welded the pipes on there lol, anyone encounter this?

Not to bash anyone, but giving a "stage" name to something as ghetto as putting some washers in between your pipes to make it louder? I just have to laugh. Anything to make the "mod" sound faster and furiouser though, eh? :lol:

I'm not saying it doesn't sound good, I'm sure it does, but this whole "stage" crap is out of hand. Hey, when I was 17 I drilled holes though the mufflers of my '74 Satellite, that sounded cool too. I wish I could remember how many holes I drilled, I might have been stage 24 for all I know :eek::p

Anything to make the "mod" sound faster and furiouser

OMG LOL. That really made me laugh!

As to the poster above, yes, just slam some washers inbetween the flange; done. Stage 2, I mean, 2 washers on each bolt (8 total) is a real sweet spot.

As for getting apart/back together if you can't muscle it, go to a shop; someone in the last few pages did and for like $11 or something, they took apart and put new hardware in for him.

:cool:

Anyone dyno after this mod? or have an ideo of if theres any gains? i would imagine there would be...im sure this was covered somewere in this book of a thread but id rather not spend my last hours awake trying to find it :(

Anyone dyno after this mod? or have an ideo of if theres any gains? i would imagine there would be...im sure this was covered somewere in this book of a thread but id rather not spend my last hours awake trying to find it :(

this and silencer delete together easily a gain of 250whp :lol:

There is no gain in power just in hardon.

Im not hatin on it i did it on my spec.b till i can afford a greddy evo2 but theres no performance aspect