LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium - 1st Place in June 2008 Motor Trend comparison

In the June 2008 issue of Motor Trend, there is a comparison of 5 economical SUVs. The 2009 Subaru Forester beat the Nissan Rogue, Honda CR-V, Saturn Vue Green Line, and the Toyota Rav 4.

http://images.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/112_0806_27l+compact_crossover_comparison+front_view.jpg

Also, there is also a snippet where they did a quick test on the 2009 Forester XT, and got 0-60 in 6.6 seconds and 1/4 mile in 15.1 seconds. Braking from 60 is 127 ft, and 0.78 g lateral acceleration. Weight as tested for the XT was 3416 lbs.

Before I get yelled at for not scanning it or providing a link...

Full Article:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/112_0806_compact_crossover_comparison

I have always wondered why I never see scanned articles on here...copyright infringement issues? And thanks for the link...Motor Trend is not in my current cycle of subscriptions.

It is still ugly.

Yeah I like the new Foresters now. The look has settled with me except the grille is dopey looking I think; they should have slammed a big metal bar in the middle with the logo like they did with the sweet 2005 -2007 Legacies/Outbacks that half the board members have. It is also cool that ground clearance is at 8.9" now.

I know this is the official doom and gloom forum, but at the end of the day Subaru makes an outstanding car that the bread and butter brands like Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi and Toyota will be hard pressed to match in head to head testing.

The new Forester looks really good, its got plenty of room, competitive MPG, and lots of Utility for the price.

And its got AWD...a Person would have to be legally retarded to pass up the forester for anything else, all things considerd. You're not going to do better than the 2.5X Premium for the price, period

With the new impreza and forester designs, Subaru is appealing to a larger market. Quality is still there as always, and the more these get out there, the more people will realize that. I like where they are heading and what they have been doing.

Though they have a long way in making it look as cool as

This

http://images.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/sema/112_2006_sema_267x+2007_subaru_forester_Sport_XT+front_view.jpg

http://www.scoobyblog.com/uploads/2007/07/forester_limo.jpg

or this :lol:

I am happy to see this...its a great little ute. I will definitely be looking at this when my lease is up w/o a legacy wagon option.

These are going to sell and sell well Heck I see the TV commercials every night...the Subaru graveyard one is pretty funny.

So Mike are you getting one?

My point is that earlier in this thread the 0-60 time of 6.6 seconds was mentioned, which is likely the time for the XT version.

I thought I made it clear that was for the XT when I wrote:

Also, there is also a snippet where they did a quick test on the 2009 Forester XT,

I'm tempted to take advantage of the VIP pricing on a black or blue Forester XT Limited with navigation, and get several accessories (front under guard, rubber floor mats, subwoofer, alarm, Sirius radio, auto-dimming mirrors, cargo tray) and SPT parts (exhaust, intake, strut tower brace, chassis brace) and hopefully a Cobb AP. I would assume that would make it as quick or slightly quicker than my 5EAT LGT.

Maybe ditch the stock tires for gripper summer tires, and order a set of 16" wheels with knobby Winterforce (?) tires.

"Three of them, the RAV, VUE, and Forester, employ four-speed automatics-configurations ..."

Hmmmm, I guess Subaru isn't alone in their transmission choice for the Forester and their peers sell a few vehicles in their own right...

Not according to many people on this forum. Subaru is the lowest of the low and hates Americans which is why we have a 4-spd, because as we all know, no one is using 4-spds, which makes the forester trail its competition :icon_roll

And it wins its first out the gate class comparison

I'm tempted to take advantage of the VIP pricing on a black or blue Forester XT Limited with navigation, and get several accessories (front under guard, rubber floor mats, subwoofer, alarm, Sirius radio, auto-dimming mirrors, cargo tray) and SPT parts (exhaust, intake, strut tower brace, chassis brace) and hopefully a Cobb AP. I would assume that would make it as quick or slightly quicker than my 5EAT LGT.

Maybe ditch the stock tires for gripper summer tires, and order a set of 16" wheels with knobby Winterforce (?) tires.

That would be a very nice set-up, can you get the LL Bean trim in the XT or does it come with a sportier trim? Too bad they aren't offering the Sport package a guy in my building at work has an 07 in WRB and its pretty nice.

Archived