LegacyGT.com

what do i need to lift my 95 LSi sedan?

cant find a complete list of what I need to lift my 95 LSi. I know I need struts, body lift spacers, and trailing arm brackets from a 96-99 outback but that's about all I know. lol anybody have a complete list of all I would need? any help would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance

legacy wagons and sedans, 95 - 99 are all the same, suspension wise.

(exception: the anti-sway bars , the brighton and L have smaller ones , the GT / outback have larger ones.)

to lift your 95 sedan,

buy and install 96 - 99 outback struts. that's it.

you can add lift blocks for the body likr the outback has,

but you do not have to.

once you have the outback struts,

you can run outback size tires .

this will give you another inch of height.

it will also make your speedo read too slow

(~8%, or 6 mph at 70 assuming your speedo is accurate now, which it is not.)

so be careful and slow down.

the springs are all the same 95 - 99,

but ''new'' springs will have less sag due to age and fatigue,

but i didn't even bother .

i just did struts only and love it.

98 forester springs are taller, and will fit,

but once compressed onto the outback strt the only benefit in height is due to more spring in a smaller space.

this gives a little less sag under the cars weight.

it also causes a ''harder'' ride, due to the ''harder'' spring.

good luck.

thanks a bunch! I have the struts headed my way in the mail and im now searching for lift blocks. also, I have seen lift kits for outbacks and foresters that are basically a spacer between the strut and the strut housing, would they fit on my 95 LSi? and what are the biggest size tires I can get that wont rub, but will fit on my original Subaru rims that came with the car? thanks again for all the help

i have 15 inch wheel, the tire that is on it now is a 195/65/R15. do you have any sugestions on a good deep tread off road tire that will meet the measurements you gave me on the outback tire? I was looking to get close to a 2 inch gain on tire diameter. I got the new struts in yesterday and im gonna put em on this weekend once I have time. ill post some pictures soon. also, I plan on taking the front bumper off to make room for the tires just incase the new tires don't want to fit, ill make em fit.

thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
You will also need outback trailing arm brackets, outback transmission cross member, differential spacers, front and rear sub frame spacers, an outback pitch rod. Outback sway bar brackets and the outback sway bar. This helps keep your axles happy. I'm in the middle of the same project. PM if you want to and I'll be able to send you pics.

You will also need outback trailing arm brackets, outback transmission cross member, differential spacers, front and rear sub frame spacers, an outback pitch rod. Outback sway bar brackets and the outback sway bar.

that is the way they do it at the factory,

but it is not required.

I'm going this route because I want a more factory look. I just got all those parts this week and now I'm looking at group n mounts. Bushings. Upgrading to a 2 pot brake system. And alot of the parts whiteline offers. It's costly but I feel like it's worth it.

Archived