LegacyGT.com

Aluminum Hood?

Sweed74

Looking into getting an 06-07 GT and was wondering if the hood is aluminum like the WRX/STi of the same year? Haven't seen any around locally to do the magnet trick...

Also is there any issues to watch out for on the 06-07? I've read about a few. This would be my 4th Subie and there always seems to be something that I wish I knew about that would have changed my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

All 4th Gens (GTs, OBs, 2.5is) are aluminum to the best of my knowledge. Same with the lift gates on the wagons, possibly the trunks lids on the sedans too?

BTW - Welcome to the site and glad you could join us.

Lot's of information on the site and Search is your friend. If you can't find something, locate the associated forum and post up your question(s), letting members know that you couldn't find it with your search criteria. Someone will get back to you.

And, just a reminder, our Site Member Classified (MC) sub-forum rules require all members to have a minimum of ten (10) non-FS-related (no buying, selling or WTB/WTT items) posts before posting in another member's FS thread, or posting up your own FS thread, otherwise these posts will be removed. Questions, please PM me or one of the other moderators.

Again, welcome to the site and enjoy your membership experience.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

As is mine.

Me thinks someone's car was in an accident, and the hood was replaced with LKQ shit. Or he hasn't tried sticking a magnet to it

Sorry, I spoke without checking. For some reason my hood seems twice the weight of my STi's so i just assumed it was steel. Never really gave it any thought or cared until OP asked, looked at it today and it is indeed aluminum.

What would make a LKQ hood steel anyways? They just resell OEM parts they don't manufacture parts.

What would make a LKQ hood steel anyways? They just resell OEM parts they don't manufacture parts.

LKQ means like kind and quality which are after market non-OEM parts. It was an inusrance legal term long before someone trademarked that name.

Archived