LegacyGT.com

A/f ratio way off :( help

lilschwikes

Hey everyone so I've had my legacy tuned by the local shop back when it had just the stock tmic well I recently bought a fmic and gauges and now have noticed that when doing a put at wot my a/f is around 13.2-13.4 which I'm 100 percent positive that's not good so I need help what do you think I should Change take timing away from the engine? Or what help please

Hey everyone so I've had my legacy tuned by the local shop back when it had just the stock tmic well I recently bought a fmic and gauges and now have noticed that when doing a put at wot my a/f is around 13.2-13.4 which I'm 100 percent positive that's not good so I need help what do you think I should Change take timing away from the engine? Or what help please

You are correct, 13.4 at WOT is not good. Did you talk to your local tuner? You should really talk to them, or a protuner.

Ya I talked to them but really wanna start tuning myself he thinks when we first tuned it the tmic was already leaking

Based on your post, I would recommend against tuning the car yourself. Let us know how it all works out.

Well I figured now would be a good time to learn I mean I know some stuff about tuning and have been reading a lot but as for now I don't have the money to go get it retuned but I do have a tactrix cable

Based on your first post, you have not been reading enough. If you have another car to drive then giddyup, but you are going to blow your engine up during your learning process. If you don't have enough money for a re-tune, you definitely don't have enough for an engine replacement.

p.s - punctuation makes sentences easier to read.

Like mentioned above get a hold of your tuner asap and do NOT do any wot until it gets sorted out. You will melt something with Afrs like that at high load. Are you sure your wideband is trustable and is calibrated correctly? Do your Afrs stay there through the rpm range or is this duringspool up? *don't go test it, just hoping you remember Durring the original pulls.*

Dave

Edit: wow three posts before I finished typing, if you don't want to go back to your tuner you will have a LOT of research to do before you will be able to fix your problem. Too many things it "could be" plus its running on a tuned map so it could be a tuning related problem,mechanical or both. Just my .02

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Log your wideband and the car's own "AF Sensor #1" and see if they agree. Just for idle and cruising around, at first. If they agree for that, then do some part throttle pulls, around 0psi, and see if they still agree. Then 5psi, 10psi, then WOT. Look for knock in every data log you make (more about that at the link below). If you see knock, stop.

http://www.romraider.com/RomRaider/IncompleteGuideToTuning

My car got about 10% leaner a few weeks ago (12:1 rather than 11:1) and at this point I think it's probably the fuel pump wimping out on me. Haven't proven it yet, but I think I've ruled everything else out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived