LegacyGT.com

Carpet hook

Kevskate99

Mine broke off the first time I drove the car home. Glad to hear Subaru fixed it (and I didn't even have to whine!) Or maybe I should say they improved it, couldn't have been a bad design right?

I'm going to the dealer to get my windshield changed on Friday, I'll ask them to fix my carpet hook at the same time!

The original carpet hook looks scary, like it would gut you! Is the new one shorter? Why do they put a hole in the carpet? Why not just put a loop on the end of the mat and then a small D-ring catch somewhere on the floor near the seat?

Will

I didn't know they redesigned the hook..... but all I can say is I was surprised it broke/came out like that, at first it seemed like it would stay there forever..... oh well, off to call the dealer. Oh, and I searched only in interior, maybe thats why I didn't see any thread like this :), cause I found one in tech forum

Great work, Opie! Bought my car 12/13 and the hook lasted 6.5 days. That's better than the hook in my previous Mazda 6, and with that car there wasn't really a fix. Back to the dealer...

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived