LegacyGT.com

Meets?

almondcookie

Maybe a monthly meet? Or is it too early? We could probably go somewhere a little cheaper and during the day. We would first need a place to eat that 1. is centrally located to be fair to everyone, 2. doesn't suck, 3. not too expensive, and 4. has a large enough parking lot for future expansion.

On a side note, I've already had dealings with the McDonald's on Route40 - next to Applebees. We held a car meet (mostly rx7's, 2 supras showed up, couple wrx's, couple STi's and my friend's honda civic =P) there and the manager is a car nut so there's absolutely no problems there. I might coordinate another car meet there because the turnout was really surprising... and I met a bunch of new people.

Fuddruckers in columbia is a good place. Saturdays are good and you can bring the spouse and/or kids along too. I wouldn't suggest the columbia mall because people can't drive around there. Or we could mix it up because since each meeting is a month apart, one month we'll do it slightly south (like columbia) and the next month, we'll cater to the northern folks and say have it up in white marsh (IKEA's swedish meatballs ... oh yea).

*ugh* ... I've already starting modifying the car and I only have 300 miles on it. This summer I want to see some track time so sitting down and talking to fellow legacy owners and getting expertise and having a good time is where it's all about.

Your thoughts?

Not sure yet if I like you guys enough to see you once a month ;). Sounds like a good idea to me. Always good to meet other people and share information. Also helps if someones has done a mod you are looking at doing and you may get a chance to ride in their car. Maybe if we get a good idea of number of people interested and location (I know Keefe is a little far away if we meet on a non-work day).

You sure about Fuddrucker's? Last time I was over that way, the parking lot seemed kinda tight with all of the other shops there also. I'm in Owings Mills, so I am not too far from either White Marsh or Columbia.

I guess the next question would ask is what's a good time for everyone? Say the 2nd or 3rd saturday of every month? Most likely it'll be around noon-ish so we can grab some lunch at the same time.

I only suggested Fudds because you can have a good handful of people show up and be obnoxiously loud and no one will care. The food's not bad either and the milkshakes are yummy. =P.

Fuddruckers in Columbia is a good place to be at.. Since there wont be a lot of passer-by ricers that will stop by to "join" in the fun of making a donkey of themselves or something.

I would say the 1st Saturday of every month is good and it would be nice to get some other fellow Subaru owners as well (I love talk to old school Subaru owners, you can learn soo much from them). I'll start a sticky on that for the Mid-Atlantic as soon as I get home tonight from work.

Note to self-

Need to start:

Entire East Coast Motorsports Calendar thread in the Motorsports forum.

Aftermarket Parts List of Companies in all aspects (power, handling, exterior, interior, etc)

Keefe

Keefe

I know there's a Suby/something meet up in White Marsh every or every other wednesday. My friend's coworker has a wrx and she's a complete Suby nut. She's telling him... "your friend ... with the new legacy ... make him stop by work so I can see it."

I know that the Maryland Prelude Club and the MD/Mid-Atlantic RX7 people meet at the same Fudds. I think every 3rd saturday for the rx7 people and every 2nd saturday for the prelude group.

I definitely agree with the old school folks. One guy with an old RX7 (the long nose version - pre '85) showed up one time. He works in downtown baltimore at the Peabody Conservatory. Really cool. And he probably spent the entire day telling us all sorts of stuff, even a 5 minute how-to on tuning your car with a laptop. He just happened to have his and plugged it in, started the car and started to teach us. "Now this will add more gas... you can hear the engine react .. ok so if i pull the gas levels out.. ah you can hear the engine react differently".

Keefe, I'd like to see your list and get your thoughts because I think my next 'to-do' item will be the uppipe/downpipe/tbe. I'm going to save up some dollars first and once I get the positive cash flow back I'm going to do the entire exhaust all in one shot.

I personally like the monthly format because meeting too frequently detracts from the excitement. You haven't seen everyone in a month - things could happen. Someone will show up and it'll be a stock car and the next month they'll have X, Y and Z installed.

So we have a vote for the 1st week every month.

Ok. How long would it take for you to drive to say... Rockville? Rockville might be a little far for the northern folks. Hopefully we can find a happy medium. Oh and if anyone has any food likes or dislikes, chime in. I'll start:

Meat for me, i.e. steaks, burgers, etc. I don't particularly like mexican food (chipotle's, etc) because cilantro makes me ill. I can take a little bit but not a lot.

Since the first weekend of the month might be a little sudden for some people, anyone have any objections with the 12th of march? I'll make another thread if anyone's interested. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Word in the cube isles is that we're suppose to get snow tomorrow or something crazy like that.

Count me in! Never been to one of these before, is it cool to brings kids? I have a 4 year old son who probably love to come.

One suggestion I would make is lets see if we can maybe find one or two other locations? Just to make it fair for others who may be driving a bit to get there.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

You mean alternate places?

Most of the meets I go to either stays in one place or alternates between 2 places. For instance this upcoming meet we'll do in rockville. Decent area with plenty of things to do if you wanted to drive around and check things out. i.e. you were new to the area. Run down to the meeting place early and cruise around. Also the area has different places to eat so the next time we meet there people might say "hey a friend of mine suggested this place and it can seat 15 person parties with no problem". That's a big plus. Another plus is parking lot sizes. Rockville is more southernly so it's more convienent for the Va folks and we might not see a lot of northern MD/PA folks. But the next meet, we can decide on something above Route40 (which is about the middle of MD) and everything works the same way. In this case, we might not see as many Va folks but we'll get to meet all the northern MD/PA people. We just flip-flop every mouth... maybe in the summer we'll pick a place in the center and have a BBQ.

I'll go start a new thread with the upcoming meet details. Looks like we have small group of interested people. Maybe we'll get some forum lurkers to show up also.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived