LegacyGT.com

anyone fit a Miata hardtop in a Leggy wagon?

how about having the seller measure it? just a thought....
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

With blinkers on and everything? I'm guessing you had at least 2 passengers in your car?

There's a Porsche 911 that shows up at track events, with 4 race tires and a toolbox tied to a custom roof rack. Add a race seat tied into the passenger seat, and you have the MacGyver of track days.

That's pretty brilliant. Though at that level of money why not just get a cheap truck/trailer for the track?

I asked him...lives in a condo with one parking spot. Though, for the amount of money he makes, even that seemed nutz. Then again, people who track street cars are nutz to begin with.

I drove the entire length of I-95 with four rims & tires strapped to the roof of my STi this way.

you drove from the northeast corner of maine at the canadian border to the southern tip of florida at highway US 1, all 1919.74 miles, with the wheels on your roof?

I could suck start a snow blower.

you drove from the northeast corner of maine at the canadian border to the southern tip of florida at highway US 1, all 1919.74 miles, with the wheels on your roof?

I grew up in Maine considerably north of where the highway starts--which, incidentally, is not at the northeast corner--and I drove to FL (admittedly, not to the dead end) on I-95, yes. US-1 didn't come into play, although I've driven that to its southernmost point as well, just not in the STi. It was 1,795 miles.

Tits mcgee

I figured I'd ask if anyone has actually done it. While the dimensions will certainly help, since it's not a nice rectangular box, I don't want to drive up there and then find out the wheel well is in the way by 2 inches causing the hatch not to close or something stupid and then duct taping my hatch closed for the ride back.

And FWIW, it's an '01 spring/summer/fall DD with an LS6 V8 swap.

Duct tape isnt required (what a mess to remove from your paint). Use a bungie to connect the rear window wiper to the bumper support under the license plate frame (or better yet, the tie down points on the cargo floor). You dont need a lot of tension, as you just have to keep the hatch out of the airstream and it will stay lowered by itself.

Getting it thru the hatch is usually the hardest part...if it fits, it will fit all the way in

Archived