LegacyGT.com

Timing Belt Help - Houston

Hey guys,

My car hit 105k miles a few months ago and ive been trying to get to replace my timing belt/pulleys/water pump/accessory belts for a while now, but i just can't get to it and have the space/tools available.

I have all the parts to do it, i just need a place and some one with know how to guide me through it. (ive worked on cars, but messing up the timing isn't something id know how to/afford to/desire to fix). Anyone with experience doing this on a 2.5i? i see the guides and stuff (here and nasioc) to do it on different motors but not the 2.5 na and wouldn't feel entirely comfortable with it.

I have a job possible offer in indiana that would set me off on a new career in a few weeks and would rather not drive it cross country with 112k miles on the ticker. The rest of the maintenance and stuff was done when i had access to a lift. I will resort to take it to a shop to have but can't find any place reputable/affordable.

Anyone willing to help for some compensation? or know a reputable subaru/import shop on the se side of houston (league city/clear lake area)? Thanks.

Try posting your request for a shop in the 4th gen forum.

There are walk through's on here if you have tools. I did one a few years back.

Do you have the service manual ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived