LegacyGT.com

MRT Master Cylinder Brace anyone?

heydutchie

Has anyone installed an MRT Master Cylinder Brace / Bracket on their LGT yet?

I have one on my WRX and really like the better pedal feel. When I ordered one for my LGT, I was given the same part as for my WRX....I called MRT In Australia and they said that it will fit the strut tower, but they can't be sure I wont have other fitment issues....turns out that there is a whole gang of hoses, wires, brackets, etc. mounted directly in front of the Mas. Cyl. that will have to be navigated......

Just wondering if anyone has tried to do this, or if I'm on my own out here......:confused:

Thanks,

Dutch

Ummm.....n00b Q - what's it for? Cuts slack/torque out of the brake system for better feel?

Basically, under hard braking the firewall flexes and the mater cylinder moves. This brace eliminates that. It should result in firmer pedal feel. Probably the next step after SS brake lines in the mod path.

.o0O0o.

rcclark....I could not find that one on the web site your link sent me to...I wish I could have, because it looks much easier to install and is specific tothe Legacy.....if you want to see the one I am refering to, just google MRT WRX Master Cylinder and it will pop up.

ellivnad - the brace is hard to install on WRX's but worth the pain for the much better pedal feel....the MRT unit (which uses existing bolt holes on the strut tower) is proving even harder on the Legacy (not impossible - just really damn hard).

Guest *Jedimaster*
JDM Masters on the right, USDMs are on the left.. we'll just have to wait for someone to make a LHD bracket.

Keefe

Good point- didn't think of that.

rcclark....I could not find that one on the web site your link sent me to...I wish I could have, because it looks much easier to install and is specific tothe Legacy.....if you want to see the one I am refering to, just google MRT WRX Master Cylinder and it will pop up.

http://www.emotion-fuk.com/custyu-.htm

But Keefe is right the JDM has the Master on the other side.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah - I actually bought it from there and tried to install it....doesn't go - even MRT said(I called them) that they weren't sure it would fit on a USDM Legacy GT. Oh, well.....at leat they took it back.

Thanks

Suits all Impreza (turbo and non turbo as well as USA RS 2500 cc ) models ver 1 2 3 4 5 6 from 1993 up to and incl current model, also suits All Legacy and Outback models from 1989 up to current. Left Hand Drive.Includes fitting kit.

Now we just need them to update the website :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

The MRT one sucks for fitment on the WRX. When I traded my WRX in for my STi, I went for this bracket instead: http://www.tarmac-usa.com/CandyPress/ProdImages/mcbrkt2.jpg (production version looks much better)

Link to more info: http://www.tarmac-usa.com/flash/index.html

It works great and the install was a breeze. I have an email into them to see about Legacy fitment.

Argh, after installing the MRT MCB on a 2.5RS, I don't ever want to go through that again.

I will wait till a better design is offered for the LGT (like this one). Those pictures aren't from a Subaru, obviously, but the design is good and install is relatively painless, at least compared to the hell the MRT brace puts you through.

The MRT one sucks for fitment on the WRX. When I traded my WRX in for my STi, I went for this bracket instead: http://www.tarmac-usa.com/CandyPress/ProdImages/mcbrkt2.jpg (production version looks much better)

Link to more info: http://www.tarmac-usa.com/flash/index.html

It works great and the install was a breeze. I have an email into them to see about Legacy fitment.

Hah, missed your post there Mike.

I hope they come out with a fitment for the LGT.

Hah, missed your post there Mike.

I hope they come out with a fitment for the LGT.

Joseph just confirmed that the one I have in my STi will also fit the Legacy. I'm going to order one and confirm it. Hopefully this will help stiffen up an otherwise squishy brake pedal.

• 2 weeks later...
You'll like it. The one on my STi dramatically improved brake feel under hard (i.e.: track) braking conditions. It makes it easier to modulate the pedal due to the improved feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to install the brace, but it won't work on the 05 Legacy. The hole where you are supposed to install the bolt on the frame rail doesn't exist or I'm really blind. Gonna call Tarmac-Usa tomorrow.

Archived