LegacyGT.com

2nd engine in 5000miles??? Wtf!!!??!!??!

bought my car with 47k used....engine blew on drive home, after 5-6 weeks I ha new engine in my car-a brand new, never used engine other then break in....

Then I hear a loud tapping yesterday coming from the timing chain cover....I take off cover and still hear it...

Long story short. I threw a rod? Wtf?? Engine only has 5k on it!!!

So I've owned my car since dec 1st and am going to be getting my 2nd engine???

I know there are issues with our cars, but not like this.....I am so ready to sell it and be gay like all the Honda boys and get a boosted b18 hatch that will actually last longer then an oil change!!! I'm so f----n pissed right now!!!

Its simply bad workmanship its pretty crappy to read shit like this.

We need more back ground info.

Did the previous owner have a turbo blow, traded the car in, the dealer just through in a new short block and sold the car at auction.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users
if it's OEM you might still have a warrant through SUBARU on it. This is also one of the reasons I bought an aftermarket warranty for my car. I am on my 4th engine Owned the car since 09.

Then you and OP have really shitty mechanics because that is completely unacceptable. Sorry to hear this.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

We need more back ground info.

Did the previous owner have a turbo blow, traded the car in, the dealer just through in a new short block and sold the car at auction.

i bought the car with 47k, and the engine blew driving it home....engine was replaced and back in my driveway end of january....the new engine is the one that broke again...it was a brand new engine, not rebuilt...

Did they replace the oil pump and oil cooler or use the ones from the old engine ?

Were the heads cleaned and rebuilt ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sorry to hear. There has to be a warranty on the engine, at least 2 years/24k miles

I know you had a new engine in but are you sure the previous owner didn't roll back the odometer? Seems too low for an 8 year old car

Who did the work the last time?

Did you change the oil since the new engine went in?

haqd 7 oil changes in 5k.

1-after inital start up i changed it after 20 mins

2-after 100 miles

3-after 250 miles

4-after 500 miles

6-after 2500 miles

7-at 5k

• Mega Users
47 k oil pump and oil cooler should be good? right come on.. no beef with max...

no, not if there is metal in the pan. car needs oil, ur car dont got oil

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Here's a question, do you let the car warm up before you drive it ?

i always wait until i have warm air in my defrost before i drive, and if its snowing i mkae sure it heats up until windows are drfrosted...only use 93 octane gas too

Archived