LegacyGT.com

Can someone take a look at my LV?

FireB

Hehe........that would help others chime in huh? :rolleyes::lol:

AVO Intake, HTA68, AVO FMIC, Perrin BOV, Perrin ELH, Perrin DP, Perrin Up, Mid's and Y, Cobb Can, 6puck ACT+ LW Flywheel, Grimmspeed EBCS, DW750cc Injectors, Warlbro Pump, and AP.

Anyone?

Nice, that's what I like to hear.

I know that we did a leak test on the car while it was being dyno tuned and it looked fine.

Thank you Spec B and testes1010 for chiming in.

Worst case senario, it will be a leak but I am hoping that it is not.

Well what happened is this.

We did the tuning with the above stated setup but the AVO BOV was sucking in so much unmetered air to a point where it would start the car and stall (The plate was not installed...dumb part of me).

I had to get home that night so he did something on the idle area to make sure that I won't stall on my way home (Granted I had a 3 hour ride to get home).

So maybe it could be from that time he might have not changed the AFR Learning around Idle??

When I went back to him 2 weeks later, I brought my stock BOV that I knew was working and did a re-tune again.

I got better HP and TQ but the Warm Start seems to be a problem stumbling for about 15 sec to get up to the normal 800rpm ish stable idle.

Right now, I have the Perrin BOV since Stock BOV could not take anything more than 20 psi up top.

What my tuner states is this

"It will be safer to have the engine run rich to warm up the car so I am not going to change it."

I am not saying that he is a bad tuner.

However, I just wished he would listen to the problems that I am having.

What do you guys think?

FireB is also having some cold start rough idle issues..could this also be caused by a leak?

I'm sorry Spec B, but it's more like Idle Problem on Warm to Hot Engine when I first start the engine :)

i think

you

should

get

INFAMOUS TUNED! haha

I'm about to.

Just got everything ready about 2 hours ago including the WOB2 in the BUNGGGGG!!!

Just need to test out the WBO2 to be working withe the Rom Raider and I'm Good to go!

PSYCHED :)

I'm about to.

Just got everything ready about 2 hours ago including the WOB2 in the BUNGGGGG!!!

Just need to test out the WBO2 to be working withe the Rom Raider and I'm Good to go!

PSYCHED :)

Are you logging tonight? Let me know! :)

Are you logging tonight? Let me know! :)

I wished but just came home now....:redface:

later models have wider A/F learning #1 limits (-25% to 25%).

I wish I knew what this meant.....

Does that mean that I have a tolerance of -25% to 25% on the A/F on the low rpm? :confused:

NEVERMIND, I found it on Rom Raider Site

"A/F correction #1 is used only in closed loop and shows you the amount of fuel immediately added or substracted as measured by the front O2 sensor to achieve the AFR listed in your main fuel table at a particular load/rpm(which is always 14.7 on pretty much all maps I've seen, tuner or otherwise). Its value will go to zero when you hit open loop.

As the ECU notices consistent trends in adding/removing fuel at certain from A/F correction, it will make these changes more permanent and apply it to both closed loop and open loop (A/F learning). The reason it applies it to open loop is that the ECU has no idea whether it is hitting its AFR targets in open loop, so it assumes that if the car is running lean, for example, consistently in closed loop, then whatever issue the car is having also is affecting open loop fueling.

A/F correction #3 is the immediate correction to closed loop fueling based on input from the rear O2 sensor, which monitors the downpipe cat's performance. Rich is bad for emissions and cats, so its purpose is to primarily lean out the closed loop AFRs (over a small range of authority) to achieve maximum cat performace (which is usually at 14.7 AFR)."

This is your quote merchgod

Thanks!

It could, but the shape of the AF Corrections look more to be the Injectors and/or intake wasn't dialed in properly since there is no correction in 'D'.

Or the car just hasn't seen much 40+ in closed loop yet. Low numbers there always make me suspicious of how much time has been spend there.

Or the car just hasn't seen much 40+ in closed loop yet. Low numbers there always make me suspicious of how much time has been spend there.

When you refer to this, are you talking about 40+mph right after I take the LV or from the last time I have resetted the ECU which was about 1.5 months ago?

later models have wider A/F learning #1 limits (-25% to 25%).

Does this mean the later models have greater fuel authority and will make greater adjustments when needed? Or do the newer cars operate differently and the "effective" fuel authority is similar to the older models. If my first statement is true, why the extra 10%? That's a good thing right?

slightly OT - sorry.

When you refer to this, are you talking about 40+mph right after I take the LV or from the last time I have resetted the ECU which was about 1.5 months ago?

He means driving in the 40+ Maf g/sec airflow range...if you have not reset in over a month then you have enough driving miles for the ecu to have learned the fuel trim for that range.

The reason he asks is because it is pretty unusual to see 0% correction in afr at any of those ranges, there is usually some small adjustment..even if it is +/-0.5%.

He means driving in the 40+ Maf g/sec airflow range...if you have not reset in over a month then you have enough driving miles for the ecu to have learned the fuel trim for that range.

The reason he asks is because it is pretty unusual to see 0% correction in afr at any of those ranges, there is usually some small adjustment..even if it is +/-0.5%.

Always in for my answer ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

But remember Spec B that my log were kinda pretty good on the higher RPM WOT run with minimal Fuel Trim deviation?

Could that be why I got lucky and have a 0 in the higher range?

My WBO2 Sensor is Calibrated and in the bung.

I had a little problems at work in Japan and could not get out in time to do everything last night.

I'm sure to take some log runs today + the LV after the WOT 3rd gear!

Then off to Infamous~:)

Yeah, the trims look really good on the 40+ range, it is just a little odd that they are rock solid at 0. What you logged was the fuel trim that the LV shows...i think it was zero or very close to it.

I think if you do another LV there will be some change...unless you just never ever drive in the 40 g/sec range? But that is the light acceleration portion of the maf scale, so I am sure you do.

Archived