LegacyGT.com

Not happy with Subaru

I bought Legacy limited with VDC but the dealer didnt have the color I wanted so they had to find one at another dealership. The problem is that they have to drive the car down to my dealership which is around 100 miles. Thats not exactly what I had in my. Getting my NEW car with 100 miles that I dont even know how they drove it. They could of beat on the car for all i know.

Other thing is I wanted a spoiler on straight from the factory. They couldnt find that so now they have to install in it my car. Is there any chance the car could get rusted where they drill the holes to put the spoiler on?

You guys have any suggestion what I can do about getting my car with 100 miles and spoiler getting rusty where they drill the hole?

I worked in the car industry for 7 years. A 100 mile dealer trade is completely normal and is not just a Subaru thing. We'd send Mercedes and BMW's from Los Angeles to San Diego every day. It's 100 miles on a new car, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Chances are you'll have a 70 year old retired guy driving your car.

As far as the spoiler. It won't rust. After the hole's are drilled, they put paint and sealant on it which covers the bare metal. Plus if the dealer does it, it's supposed to be covered under warranty.

Enjoy your car and don't sweat the small stuff.

youre better off without the factory spoiler, trust us.

I looked at one with spoiler and without and I thought spoiler looked nice. Why do you say its better off without factory spoiler? Are you saying it's better to get it installed from the dealership or just not having the spoiler at all?

when you compare wingless with the factory wing, it looks like it was just "tacked on." It doesn't necessarily fit. i have had one winged and one wingless legacy and i think the wingless one looks better

I imagine you knew your transaction was a dealer trade before you signed the deal. Did you think your car was going to be delivered by enclosed transport (in between Barrett-Jackson auctions)?

Not this:

http://www.intercitylines.com/images/vette_on_ramp.jpg

Rear wings on Japanese sedan are RICE. If you really want one, have a good body shop install it.

As most everyone said, You probably have nothing to worry about. That being said, Mine was transported by flat-bed/rollback when transportrd from Birmingham to Mobile. The dealership should do that for you for the sale IMO.

Best of luck.

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

Is all a matter of taste, but I like the spoiler look, it makes the car look more aggresive.

I had both.

Don't sweat the 100 miles, and yes, most likely an old man drove your car to the dealership.

My mom once bough a Nissan that had to be transported. It has ~100 miles at delivery, and it never gave her any issues.

X

---

Dont worry, mine was driven 500 miles, then I drove it another 1000. Dealers usually send the salesman to get it, or their good designated driver. And like others said, where are you located, many members will straight up trade trunks with you

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

If you had time you should of just waited, and factory ordered a 08' to your own specs. Dealer installed spolier will probably cost you 200 bucks extra than factory ordered. I ordered my 08' LGT with no spoiler and the dealer told me if i want any factory options now would be time, it would get charged invoice price instead of part and labor later on. the wing was I think 200 dollars installed from factory, but was near 500 if it had to be put on by the dealer, is what he showed me.

BTW should of went to another dealer other than Subaru of Schaumburg, lots of bad experiences there from lots of dfferent members on NAISOC.

You could always go to the dealer where they are getting the car and buy it from them directly. Then you can enjoy the first 100 miles in your car (minus whatever is already on the odo). That is, if you have the time and someone willing to drive you there.

My dealer took a week to get me the car that I wanted (08 White LGT). Some poor communication at times, but whatev. They had to drive it from Massachusetts to NY. ~190 Miles. There was only 1 White LGT 5MT in the Northeast. So it was either that or not get the color I wanted. Was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!

And as for the spoiler, I think everyone else has it covered.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Good luck finding a wife with no miles on her and equiped from the "factory" just the way you want her.

That car has a dozen flaws you haven't found yet and none are from the way it was driven those hundred miles.

It is still ugly.

I agree, the 100 miles won't make a bit of difference. As for the spoiler, don't listen to everyone. Quite a bit of the car selection process is personal taste, if it was not we would all be buying the same beige box. If the spoiler looks good to you, go for it.

Dealer trades are typical with any manufacturer, not just Subaru. My car was driven over 100 miles from Reno, NV, to the dealership in Auburn, CA. I didn't care because I was looking for a silver LGT Limited 5MT wagon and was going to take it regardless.

well I have you all beat, mine was delivered straight to the dealership from the plant. It had 1 mile on it and still wrapped inside and out with plastic when I looked at it. I bought it the day after it was delivered, loaded with Navi, tint, spoiler. I broke it in nicely and today its a...

FREAKING LEMON!!:mad:

Greetings,

The spoiler is a matter or personal preference, I agree. I looked at two cars with and without before making my decision. I have the spoiler and feel it adds to the lines of the car. Don't worry about rust.

The 100 mile thing is a different story. I am not paranoid and would not be worried that someone "beat" my new car. However, this would have changed the terms of the deal, for me anyway. Miles = price reduction. My car had 6 miles on it when delivered. It arrived after business hours and I watched it come off the truck. I had stipulated this in my terms before purchase. "Car must have 10 or less miles on it." I have purchased many new cars, and have learned over the years what to ask for and what to expect. No deal is final until you sign (take possesion). All joking aside, I'm an experienced buyer, whatever that is... :lol:

I'd say your done, you bought the car. The dealer is under no further obligation beyond providing factory warranty/service. Chalk it up as a learning experience. If you have a good relationship with your dealership, you can try to negotiate some sort of exchange. Things that work, sales people like pizza. The service department likes doughnuts. Chances are your salesperson also likes vodka. :)

Archived