LegacyGT.com

Lift it

legomaroon

Looking to do a little lift on my 03 Leggy. No I don't want it lowered, that defeats the purpose of the car! :)

Not much.... a couple inches, something along the lines of how the outbacks are. Sooooo, could I simply install outback struts and springs to get the desired effect without affecting camber negatively?

Looking to do a little lift on my 03 Leggy. No I don't want it lowered, that defeats the purpose of the car! :)

Not much.... a couple inches, something along the lines of how the outbacks are. Sooooo, could I simply install outback struts and springs to get the desired effect without affecting camber negatively?

Please don't :(. If you want it to look like an outback, buy an outback.

But since I strongly believe in "to each his own", ill say that I believe that would work, you may want to ask a local shop or search the web for a set of springs that do what you want them too. If all else fails just buy some coilovers, and don't adjust them. You'd probably sit an inch higher than stock that way.

someone on nasioc lifted their impreza with forester hardware. He actually lives in my area. Its kinda wonky looking. =P

There was a Outback model sedan for our generation that was more "lifted". 4th gen that is. Not sure what hardware it would take to lifted a 3rd gen. Though I believe there was an outback sedan for that generation too. I faintly recall seeing them.

Please don't :(. If you want it to look like an outback, buy an outback.

But since I strongly believe in "to each his own", ill say that I believe that would work, you may want to ask a local shop or search the web for a set of springs that do what you want them too. If all else fails just buy some coilovers, and don't adjust them. You'd probably sit an inch higher than stock that way.

But I don't want it to look like an outback... I simply want it to ride a little higher to avoid being stuck in......... mud pits, or plowing snow. Just an inch or two is all im after.

Why are you plowing snow with a legacy? It's a subaru, not a jeep. You bought the wrong vehicle.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k570/twiinklex27/Tumblr%20faces/face.png

I have no intentions of plowing snow with my subie :confused:

Plowing snow aka pushing it with my bumper because it is low to the ground.......

Archived