LegacyGT.com

The nice thing about fog lights is they help you see in the fog, which lately we have been having a lot of early in the morning, just about the entire way for my 30 minute commute. Due to my early morning depart from home, anywhere from 4am to 6am it is dark so the headlights are on, which work gloriously. In curiosity I have been turning on/off the fog lights to see the difference they have on the visible area through fog and just in general at night/early morning.

I have noticed them to have absolutely no difference with them on or off. I have even just turned on the parking lights so i can see the true fog lights just themselves with little light interference, same thing.

They turn on. I get out of the car and they are on, I have done it in motion while checking the reflection off of the car in front of me or off of other reflections.

Question is, has anyone else noticed this with the factory fog lights? Is this normal?

Thanks!

Typical of the factory setup, unfortunately.

Many of us have upgraded the light source and/or re-aimed.

It'll still be less than optimal, even for true fog use, but in tailoring the light to your liking, you may get some more usability out of it. :)

You'll find quite a bit of information in the "Exterior" sub-Forum. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived