LegacyGT.com

My 2010 Legacy GT Accessory/Mod Tracker

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of going Invidia for down pipe and exhaust but I'm not 100% and obviously we'll see what if anything gets released between now and then. I'm thinking I will order everything direct to IAG and get the car tuned there at the same time.

For rims I was looking at the TSW Nurburgring until I found out they don't make them in 9" width.

http://www.tsw.com/img/nurburgring_gunmetal_pop_std.jpg

Since then I've really liked DeltaSniper's setup so that's the front runner that the moment but there's still a lot of research to do there too.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/think-have-succeeded-filling-up-wheelwells-162045.html?t=162045

Agreed. I like the looks of those wheels but if I'm going to upgrade, I don't see the point in going anything less than 8.5" wide. 9" would be optimal assuming there would be no fitment issues.

That's a nice pattern. In my selection process, ended up migrating towards concave rims to complement (to me) the aggressive fender wheel arches.

18x9s are the min rim width to see the effect. Good news is even with et35 offset, there is no fender interaction. et40-45 with 18x9.5s would be even better.

Really enjoyed the autocross today. Ended up getting 4 runs.

Run 1 - Had an instructor ride with me. Used WAY too much clutch. Didn't hit any cones and finished with a time of 59 seconds (no cones down).

Run 2 - Had instructor ride with me. Did much better with the gas/brake/clutch but not the best line and finished with a time of 56 seconds (no cones down).

Run 3 - First run by myself. Did a bad job on the first half but my best 2nd half of the course yet and finished with a time of 53 seconds (no cones down).

Run 4 - My best run, finally felt like I was starting to get the hang of it. Finished with a time of 50 seconds but knocked one cone over so it was a time of 52 seconds.

Pretty happy with my improvement, shaving 7 seconds off from my first run.

Don't have any in car video (maybe next time, this was my first time doing this). We decided my car's nickname should be "tires and wind" because that's the only sound I make as I drive. All the car sound you hear in the video are other people starting or finishing. I really need an exhaust. :lol:

Edited by acumenhokie

• 1 month later...

Got the winter setup installed today. Hankook Icept Evo winter tires in 225/45/18 installed on OEM rims.

Driving Impression - I've only got about 20 miles on them but thus far I'd say they are quieter than the Bridgestone tires that came with the car. The ride is also slightly smoother than the summer tires. In the straights they have plenty of grip and there wasn't an obvious difference in grip.

Dry Weather Cornering - Definitely not as good as the summer tires (big shocker right). Still overall it's not too bad, you definitely run out of grip MUCH sooner but it's very predictable and seems pretty easy to handle at the edge.

Wet and Snow evaluations will come with the weather.

• 2 months later...
I'm thinking of having puddle lights installed.. when they install it do they install the lights under the car so you cannot see the holes for lights or is it on the side of the bumper where you can see the holes for the lights?

It's underneath the rocker panel. In this picture you can see the rear one sticking out. (or see it full size in one of my earlier posts now that you know what to look for)

Legacy.thumb.JPG.1c796069bde8b9947d987077462340f3.JPG

YAY. If I recall, I spared you the problem of the funny bracket removal. Just incase you find a bracket missing for a heat-shield (I think that's what it was)

Did you take out that fold or whatever it is in the inter cooler hose too? Figured I should do that before the stage II move.

Did you take out that fold or whatever it is in the inter cooler hose too? Figured I should do that before the stage II move.

On the I/C-->TB coupler? I think we did. The other thing to be cogniscent of is that there is a vacuum hose under the TMIC that when you start putting more boost in the system sometimes pops off. I would just double check that its well attached. I thought IAG had done a 'fix' to it, but it was a huge headache for me. It only popped off right after I went stage 2, never had a problem after the 'fix'.:lol:

On the I/C-->TB coupler? I think we did. The other thing to be cogniscent of is that there is a vacuum hose under the TMIC that when you start putting more boost in the system sometimes pops off. I would just double check that its well attached. I thought IAG had done a 'fix' to it, but it was a huge headache for me. It only popped off right after I went stage 2, never had a problem after the 'fix'.:lol:

Thanks for the heads up. Nothing a dab of Super Glue couldn't fix.

Well it's done. Took a little longer than expected but everything went smooth. Ended up swapping trans and diff fluid to extra S (didn't drive a whole lot but already seems like the shifting is smoother).

Here's my review for the AVO TBE:

Installation - Biggest pain was removing the stock DP. All other OEM pieces came off quick. When installing the new DP we ended up having to remove a bracket (assuming it was the one that held the heat-shield that waz pulled off. Without that bracket removed we couldn't fit the new DP. The bracket had two bolts. The one on the left was easy but the one on the right had little space and we ended up cutting the head off to get it out. We had a bit of trouble with fitting the gaskets but it just took some fiddling. Other than that the only extra work we needed was to get the end of the main pipe into the split pipe that goes to the mufflers. It fit in fine but we had a gap. Ended up just needing to fidget a bit and at some point it seemed like it popped and went right into place no problems.

Appearance/Fitment - Perfect on both. It looks great and while tightening it up we weren't 100% sure once everything was tight the fit was great with no rubbing or any issues.

Sound - OMG LOL!!!!!! If that sounded like something a little girl would say then you are correct because I'm giddy as a school girl. It is deep and throaty with very little drone. The sound should change a bit over the next few days but already it's a 1000% improvement over the stock silence

Performance - I found myself redlining more than ever before. I used to think the engine sounded like I was hurting it up top but now all I hear is that glorious sound. I had an issue getting my Infamous base map to load (looks like it's tied to another ECU). I already sent them an e-mail so hopefully I hear back soon. For now I'm using the OTS map and it is what everyone says happens. That great rush of power you get down low when you go to stage 1 now continues through all the way to redline.