LegacyGT.com

how to qualify for subaru 2.9% financing?

AdamRmr

I went to the local subaru dealer to look at the new 08 legacy limited gt. One of the salesmen said that subaru offers the 2.9% financing to qualified applicants on 2008's. My question is what is concidered qualified? What kind of credit score do you need and how many months could the loan term be to qualify for the 2.9?

whne i bought mine, they could give you 1.9% for 12 months, or on and up to 6.99% for 60 months. I think you need credit up above 700 or so to qualify for that....luckily i was able to qualify for 4.9% for 48 months at a credit union. But you need a good score for that too....

My guess in the 2.9% financing special is 24 months. That is usually the term. Subaru does their financing through Chase Bank, the program is negotiated between Subaru and Chase.

When I purchased my two Subaru's last year, I looked around at rates, and then armed with my high credit score I told the dealer what I was willing to pay for term and length. (3.9% @ 48 months).

The dealer shopped the loan package, in once instance, Chase bought one of them, and a small bank here in NorCal bought the other. My dealer has 12 lenders they work with.

Like everything in life auto financing IS negotiable, especially if you have a high credit score.

I don't mind running a note out for 48 months at a rate that is around the inflation rate since I'll end up paying back with cheaper dollars. Plus I usually end up paying them off around 36 months.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Archived