LegacyGT.com

mil (cel) on. lean bank 1?

Driving home yesterday, 70mph, cruise on, cold and rainy, 122, xxx miles.

Cruise shuts off, cc light blinking cel on

Read the code p0170 "lean bank #1"

Searched forums and google nothing related to 2006 lgt 5mt to be seen.

I installed perrin short ram last weekend and cleaned maf and checked connector, seems fine.

Don't know when plugs were done last or if/when O2 sensors were ever replaced.

All info is welcomed.

Thank you

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0170

While reading your post, I was thinking front O2 sensor. After reading the above link, I still think front O2 if your MAF is ok.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just finished dealing with this. I had new spark plugs so I knew it wasn't it. I swapped coils, still same problem. I replaced the o2 sensor and still had a lean bank 1. I replaced the injectors and fuel pump, good as new! Now each car could be different, I had an accessport and was able to check cylinder roughness and it would hit #1. I had a slight shake at idle, and again at around 2k rpm and it was verified with a roughness count in cylinder 1. Now the car is smooth as new.

At 122k, when was the last time you replaced your plugs? If it's been at least 30k miles, it might not be a bad thing to do and could fix it. If not, o2 sensor may fix it. After that, it could be injectors (I did the pump as well at that point). Just my experience, sadly there's no way to check for sure without replacing some parts.

did you tune for the intake?

Perrin advertises it as no tune necessary.

Cbe coming soon was going to tune then.

I bought the car 3 weeks ago and haven't done a thing except oil change and install intake.

Going to check if the clamps are still tight to make sure there isn't un metered air flowing into intake as well.

I just finished dealing with this. I had new spark plugs so I knew it wasn't it. I swapped coils, still same problem. I replaced the o2 sensor and still had a lean bank 1. I replaced the injectors and fuel pump, good as new! Now each car could be different, I had an accessport and was able to check cylinder roughness and it would hit #1. I had a slight shake at idle, and again at around 2k rpm and it was verified with a roughness count in cylinder 1. Now the car is smooth as new.

At 122k, when was the last time you replaced your plugs? If it's been at least 30k miles, it might not be a bad thing to do and could fix it. If not, o2 sensor may fix it. After that, it could be injectors (I did the pump as well at that point). Just my experience, sadly there's no way to check for sure without replacing some parts.

Yeah I don't want to just throw parts at it and hope that's the cause/fix.

That being said new plugs are cheap and good to have anyway.

Archived