LegacyGT.com

aem intake. do i need bigger?

Insurgent

currently i have an aem intake. putting in a sz49 (49 lb similar size to a green) and wondering if i should look into getting a bigger intake like the ks 73mm or 83mm. i see mentioned here and there when guys are using their stock sized intakes they run out of maf or something to that effect and need to use a bigger intake to get more power. thoughts about that?

if i should buy a larger intake is there a difference to me with the turbo i'm going to be using between the 73mm or 83mm? thanks.

Stick with the one you have or go with the 73mm. I hear the 83 is overkill.

I am running a 73mm like the KSTech but I can’t tell much difference from my old AEM. Someone that tunes can tell a difference, but I can't. Even then, there is very little diff, as I understand it.

Here’s a good thread to learn more about the KSTech….. not sure what post it’s on

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/full-tune-68hta-kstech-73-maf-racer-x-fmic-and-119811.html

currently i have an aem intake. putting in a sz49 (49 lb similar size to a green) and wondering if i should look into getting a bigger intake like the ks 73mm or 83mm. i see mentioned here and there when guys are using their stock sized intakes they run out of maf or something to that effect and need to use a bigger intake to get more power. thoughts about that?

if i should buy a larger intake is there a difference to me with the turbo i'm going to be using between the 73mm or 83mm? thanks.

Around 350whp is where we recommend going to 73mm, and around 450whp is where we recommend going to an 83mm. All big MAF intakes require tuning.

An SZ49 with >20psi boost and good gas would likely need the 73mm.

guess i'll be ordering a kstech 73 then! will look around for pics to see which though as to how it'll fit with my older style itsme fmic. i'm sure it will...but my aem currently sits all the way down on my undertray and it appears the kstech (of the three on the site) will be floating into the fender well. pics on the site aren't terribly useful for me.

Archived