LegacyGT.com

anzo headlights

This is a close up of the adapter. I can't really see where it would go. I was thinking it may just be an additional piece that comes with them for some reason. There was only one for the pair so it is not like an adapter would go on each headlight.

Any information would be appreciated!

The male connector is an H7 which is what our stock low beams are. The female end, I have no clue.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it odd that there is only one, and do you think it is necessary for the install? If the male end fits in for the H7, where the heck would the female go?

Well, one would think there should be two. The H7 end would plug into the stock wiring harness, but that seems unnecessary since it isn't using a stock wiring harness. I would need to see the housings fully disassembled to know how everything is wired and what connectors are used.

Another thing I noticed; the connectors that connect the black/black wire pair to the black/yellow pair don't look watertight.

My thought was maybe it is some sort of spare part. If I still have questions once I get the OEM assemblies out, then I will post up pictures. I'm guessing it is not exactly necessary but I'll find out.

For the black/black to black/yellow, you recommend using electrical tape to make sure the connection is water tight?

I appreciate the input by the way.

Jet throwing something out here, but make sure you align them. I didn't notice what market they were intended for, but right hand versus left hand driver headlights are totally different. The roadside/fog line headlight aims straight and down a little. The center line/road crown headlight aims towards the cars side of road and down. Put the wrong ones in and you will blind oncoming cars.

Maybe its some type of H7 splitter for the CCFLs that works with the low-beam plug?

Perhaps what they did is used the stock male H7 connector that will mate right up with the car's wiring and then the strange female connector routes power to both the low-beam and the CCFL used as a DRL?

From the old Chinese links when these were first being developed, I think one of the CCFLs is used as a turn signal (which would seem to be true) - it looks like there is a socket in the turn signal location but perhaps its just for the second CCFL or any light source that's used to turn the rod amber when the turn signal is engaged.

Edited by Perscitus

Perhaps what they did is used the stock male H7 connector that will mate right up with the car's wiring and then the strange female connector routes power to both the low-beam and the CCFL used as a DRL?

But it has it's own 8-pin connector that goes to the main factory 8-pin harness, so there would be no need to use any part of the OEM headlamp harness.

Even asked my buddy who works at a subaru dealer and he has no idea what that adapter would be used for since all of the necessary wiring is already in the assembly. Him and the service department thinks the adapter was just shipped as an accessory for some reason. With that being said, I should have these in by Monday.

Those headlight look great! I don't think you will need those adapter. Btw, does those headlight already included the ballast? I ask because my 2013 headlight didn't come with it. I had to buy a new spare one or used my old one.

Everything is included, down to the screws and bulbs. Literally bolt and plug, and alignment after being installed. I'm just in San Francisco for business until Sunday so I cannot put them in until Monday.

Just put in my Anzos. Incredibly easy installation. Factory harness quite literally plugs right into the assembly and the assembly itself bolts in as an OEM would.

The following are pictures taken in a darker environment (garage). I apologize for the poor quality of pictures; my garage is very small. I will take more pictures tonight along with a video cycling through all functions.

The running lights are the U-shaped bars running under both high and low beams. The low beam, of course, is the outer bulb and the high beam is the inner. The underside LED eyebrow is the turn signal/emergency lights.

Enjoy!

2037006525_AnzosLowRunningdistance.thumb.jpg.45e9f747481750ec22521be1bb63ef24.jpg

800564311_AnzosLowRunning.thumb.jpg.4831f33b8cce078817df4313945b095e.jpg

86259356_AnzosHighLowRunning.thumb.jpg.3e31e22d9539a68c23cea0a05823fa7f.jpg

699148646_AnzosHighLowRunningdistance.thumb.jpg.c82397a14e2964c61729f71bc260674b.jpg

1526610550_AnzosRunning.thumb.jpg.7660ce333ab453ba3b2b1d94948b6ae0.jpg

301643253_AnzosRunningdistance.thumb.jpg.d2630fc788b60700bbad3ccb9e7da8f5.jpg

556901412_AnzosLowRunningSignals.thumb.jpg.9384e088f2ba50a808efa72b0fa4990c.jpg

1771434825_AnzosLowRunningSignalsdistance.thumb.jpg.679c3f0db151bd8c5c04999c46d06a96.jpg

1221348895_AnzosRunningdaytime.thumb.jpg.caabd5f65003234fa12276a195aa8fac.jpg

80108224_AnzosRunningdaytime2.thumb.jpg.7910d999afd70c255683448789aa149d.jpg

Just put in my Anzos. Incredibly easy installation. Factory harness quite literally plugs right into the assembly and the assembly itself bolts in as an OEM would.

The following are pictures taken in a darker environment (garage). I apologize for the poor quality of pictures; my garage is very small. I will take more pictures tonight along with a video cycling through all functions.

The running lights are the U-shaped bars running under both high and low beams. The low beam, of course, is the outer bulb and the high beam is the inner. The underside LED eyebrow is the turn signal/emergency lights.

Enjoy!

Damn those are sexy!