LegacyGT.com

Koni Yellow Sport Shocks - 2010+ Legacy Fitment

Good work guys, this is awesome, but if there are some of you who want to jump on Konis now, don't be afraid to go the full WRX route with front spacers or lowering rear Spring perch. I see no reason to wait and the full assemblies are waaaaay easier to deal with than Inserts I assume and less margin for error!! Love my KONIS

Good work guys, this is awesome, but if there are some of you who want to jump on Konis now, don't be afraid to go the full WRX route with front spacers or lowering rear Spring perch. I see no reason to wait and the full assemblies are waaaaay easier to deal with than Inserts I assume and less margin for error!! Love my KONIS

Did you ever get a bracket fabbed for the sensor cable?

It all really depends on what size tires and wheel specs that guys want to run. Most will work in the +35 to +40 on up to 8.5" wheels with 245/40 tires. Anything with more offset, wider width, or wider or taller tires could be trial and error, but I think we can give decent assumptions on what will and won't work based on Whit's wheels and his clearance to the perches.

It all really depends on what size tires and wheel specs that guys want to run. Most will work in the +35 to +40 on up to 8.5" wheels with 245/40 tires. Anything with more offset, wider width, or wider or taller tires could be trial and error, but I think we can give decent assumptions on what will and won't work based on Whit's wheels and his clearance to the perches.

Camber would matter to. More negative camber will eat up the clearance to the spring perch right?

In hindsight, I could suggest based off my winter tire/wheel specs and GT's that most applications will work even ZEE's. Interested to see in a couple months or so how my 8.5" summer wheels clear. I'm sure plenty of room once again.

hey Guys I'm Planning on going with the available wrx Koni setup. I have a shop That can machine a groove 3/8 lower in the rear struts to even out the ride height. I have RCEs on now but debating on going with H&Rs. This will Give about a 30mm drop on the RCEs all around or a 42mm Drop on H&Rs all around. But Could doing this have a possible negative effect on how the Springs would Ride? Possibly Bottoming out the Struts? Thanks.

hey Guys I'm Planning on going with the available wrx Koni setup. I have a shop That can machine a groove 3/8 lower in the rear struts to even out the ride height. I have RCEs on now but debating on going with H&Rs. This will Give about a 30mm drop on the RCEs all around or a 42mm Drop on H&Rs all around. But Could doing this have a possible negative effect on how the Springs would Ride? Possibly Bottoming out the Struts? Thanks.

I will say the RCEs are awful springs so you should get an immediate improvement in comfort and handling. I do not foresee any problems though. A lot of guys are running H&R springs abs are fine. Double check with some of the other suspension guys. I'm sure they will chime in

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sure, you can do that. You shouldn't have any bottoming out with the lower H&Rs because they have a steeper progressive rate curve than the RCEs and are stiff, but the Koni's control them very well. One guy (ScoobyGT was his name I believe) did that, paired H&R's with the Koni's in 08-10 WRX donor housings (3/8" lower than ours) and had a slot machined in the rear Koni's to match the 3/8" front drop.

I would recommend doing the H&R's over the RCEs, but it does depend a little where you live and what the roads are like.

Alright cool thanks guys, ill be ordering the h&r springs. The streets aren't bad in southern California so im sure I'll be alright with a nice drop. And has anyone made 255/40r18s fit on the new strut design? I'm wondering if 18x8.5 +37 might be enough to clear.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a 3rd party seller on amazon offering up Koni front inserts for about $175 shipped each. Says there is 5 in stock: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009EPQLDC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=V10J4YBPXYFH&coliid=I1QC1PU4ZVBDIO&psc=1

It may be that they haven't updated their counts, but its worth a try for anyone still needing a set of front inserts.