LegacyGT.com

Why doesn't a vendor build a lip that covers oem spoiler holes?

05lgt5spd

??? Why doesn't a vendor design a really shallow lip that comes up along the sides like our oem spoilers do? Take a regular sti style lip, and curve the corners around and slim the design down and have it mount on our stock locations. If someone could pull it off, I think their would be a big market. I have tried to locate a trunk w/o a spoiler for months.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't sound like a tough process. I'd for sure be in the market for one, but does anyone build what you suggest for any other cars? That's what you have to find out. Otherwise, one of our members with a little fab skills and a little time may need to tackle this. Good idea, though. :cool:

I made one for my RS, but my LGT is wingless.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/00vr6gti/img1233276557437.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/00vr6gti/img1232674204440.jpg

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

My thoughts exactly. I put the Vis Falcon wing on my 00 Eclipse because I hated the factory wing (due to rear view visibility), and it used factory location bolts.

Pics from the 2007 Nopi Nationals:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/jrroszko/Nopi%20Nationals%202007/Nopi011.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/jrroszko/Nopi%20Nationals%202007/Nopi013.jpg

I would love to see something similar (but less aggressive) for the Legacy.

On the search for a new DD...

No need to be an asshole, im trying to show how the factory hole locations were used for another wing.

:hide:

A bit combative, are we? Your photographs were indeed very valuable and I do appreciate your initiative. There's just no way in hell I'd ever want anything like that on the back of my car. :lol:

But, to each his/her own. :)

:hide:

A bit combative, are we? Your photographs were indeed very valuable and I do appreciate your initiative. There's just no way in hell I'd ever want anything like that on the back of my car. :lol:

But, to each his/her own. :)

I bit combative, yes. I entered several shows with that car, it had a rather large local following, not to mention the over $15k i put into it. That car also met an ugly demise less than a year ago that I would rather not go in to. Anyways, I built that car to be different since there arent many fast, well handling 3G Eclipses.

Either way, as I mentioned, I just wanted to show an example of an aftermarket wing with factory bolt locations. Whether anyone likes it or not is irrelevant, just trying to show whats already out there. And there is no way I would want something that looks even close to that wing on the LGT, something much more subtle is what I had in mind.

On the search for a new DD...

If someone local to me with a winged trunk is willing to get togther, I can get some

measurements that I can send to a fabricator I use and get the ball rolling. If people

can post some pictures of some possible styles/designs.

there you go thats better^^^ It could be even shallower, I don't have photoshop abilities (talent) but that is a great start. It could even be thicker in the middle, than taper towards the edges to compliment the curve of the trunk lid. Kind of how the sti style lips do already.

i was thinkin about this a long a$$ time ago when i had my 04 wrx. I think it would be cool to do one for an STi as well...i bet a lot of people on nasioc, iwsti and like sites would snap them up. one for a legacy would be sick too. I mean the dang evo crowd has one!

Archived