LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt latch wiring for '06?

OhBe1

OK, in an attempt to permanently disable the chime, I find the drivers seatbelt latch has 4 wires. They appear to be 2 black, one red/white, and one black/white. Although the blacks may be dark blue...

I think the blacks go to the switch for the warning chime & dash light, but not sure.

I think the others go to the airbag, possibly wth their own switch, but not sure.

Please respond only with wiring info, as the 20-click solution is discussed elsewhere.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I think the others go to the airbag, possibly wth their own switch, but not sure.

Yahtzee! Personally, possibly messing with the airbag system vs. the 20 click method (which takes me all of 27 seconds after a battery disconnect) is an obvious choice for me. Good luck with your wiring endevor though, you're a braver man than I.

ignore him, he'll go away.

You probably don't want to disconnect it. You want jump the connection. Can't help you as to which wire, it's not listed in the wiring diagram, time to break out the multimeter.

I wouldn't suggest doing this to the passenger side since the switch goes into the occupant detection module which controls the passenger airbag.

The 20 click solution is better since it also affects the passenger seatbelt chime.

...nor with admonitions on seatbelt use. I use it, my passengers use them.

So far, it appears the switch opens, not closes, when latched. Updates next weekend.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived