LegacyGT.com

new intake run away rpms !

No, it shouldn't be the case hopefully. When I threw a cone onto mine (no other aftermarket piping), the car ran a little like shit the first time I started. But, after 5 or 6 starts, it was running much smoother. The ecu needs to adjust itself to the increased amount of air now entering the combustion chamber and passing the MAF, and that will take a few resets, i.e. starts. After that, if it still has some issues take it to get a tune. BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYTHING'S HOOKED UP PROPERLY. Vacuum hoses, MAF, everything sealed up, the whole 9 yards.

Now that you mention it, I should get mine tuned :)

you could disconnect the battery to speed up the process of the ecu figuring out how the intake is working.

unfortunately WE DO NEED AIR/FUEL RATIO CONTROLLERS to take full benifit from a intake. but i havent found anything that isnt over a few hundred bucks that would do this.

I have the same intake on my Gt and love it though, you got the foam filter w/ it?

and are you liking the growl it give off?

I made a dragon kaz intake :) it's cheaper and just as cool haha. The sound is awesome! And there's a little more throttle response than before, a little more kick. But it needs a tune haha...I couldn't wait for the op to get back!

Archived