LegacyGT.com

Cd wont play after H/C replacement

Lanaue

Had my heater core changed a couple of weeks ago and I just noticed that my radio wont le me play cd's it does nothing when I push cd. Could he have not plugged something up?

There shouldn't be a plug that he missed if the rest of the radio works as usual. The CD player doesn't have any separate harnesses.

It's possible that unplugging it/plugging it back in killed something in the CD player; that happens sometimes with electronics (though it's unusual) if the battery wasn't disconnected first.

I would actually guess that it's just a coincidence that you noticed it not working a few weeks after the heater core replacement. They probably aren't related IMO.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

There shouldn't be a plug that he missed if the rest of the radio works as usual. The CD player doesn't have any separate harnesses.

It's possible that unplugging it/plugging it back in killed something in the CD player; that happens sometimes with electronics (though it's unusual) if the battery wasn't disconnected first.

I would actually guess that it's just a coincidence that you noticed it not working a few weeks after the heater core replacement. They probably aren't related IMO.

Thanks

• I Donated Too
unless it was dropped - if this really did just stop after the heater core installation - I would obviously check the connections but it would be really impossible for it to do that and not have the radio affected too. Dropped is what I am thinking though... At least check the connections (it's easy to remove) and then disconnect it to "reset" it (there's really no such thing) and then replace - you have at least eliminated one opportunity to have it behave itself and when you have it out - eyeball it all over for signs of being dropped.

Archived