LegacyGT.com

Drivetrain chatter when turning from stop signs?

Im not sure if this is a characteristic of the awd system or not, but it seems that every time I make a right hand turn from a stop sign the front of the car really chatters a lot. ive had it happen a few times on left hand turns, but its mostly to the right because of the tighter radius turns.

does this happen to anyone else?

you can say alot with a video.

define the noise in more detail. maybe its me but i am not understanding the term chatter.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

you can say alot with a video.

define the noise in more detail. maybe its me but i am not understanding the term chatter.

its more of a feeling than a noise. like when you hit those no sleeping bars they make on the shoulders of the freeways, but less intense

man you got me there. My first intial thought was CV joints? But they make more of a rocks in a can type of sound.

Nothing is rubbing or anything along that line is there?

maybe checking under it and seeing if anything looks out of place?

If not i would just take it in to the dealership.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

man you got me there. My first intial thought was CV joints? But they make more of a rocks in a can type of sound.

Nothing is rubbing or anything along that line is there?

maybe checking under it and seeing if anything looks out of place?

If not i would just take it in to the dealership.

Yea I might just take it in, but i didnt want to sound like an idiot if thats normal

How many miles are on it? If it has high mileage I would also look at the Transfer clutches. It wouldnt hurt to take it in.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

good luck and keep us posted...I've been complaining about mine doing it for over 20k miles now with no resolution. The dealer told me it was my clutch and flywheel...they went out shortly after but it is still there

good luck and keep us posted...I've been complaining about mine doing it for over 20k miles now with no resolution. The dealer told me it was my clutch and flywheel...they went out shortly after but it is still there

so even after a new clutch and flywheel its still there? it only seems to do it when starting out with the wheel turned, not when going straight

Archived