LegacyGT.com

Wheel Repair and Refinishing In and Around Maryland

Gohmer1

Hi all -

I know it comes up from time to time, but I wanted to create another post about it because one of my friends just recently created a Web site for a local shop that does mobile wheel repair and refinishing in the Marlyand, Virginia, Delaware and Washington D.C. area. They are located at a shop near my work in Annapolis. (I am in no way affiliated with them)

I've been to their shop a number of times and have referred a number of people there. These guys are the real deal when it comes to fixing and refinishing rims. Their services include:

Rim repair & welding

Rim painting & powdercoating (they will also powdercoat other parts)

Polishing

Chroming

Custom wheels

Mobile mounting & balancing

Rim & tire sales

Check out the new Web site:

http://www.wheelrefinisher.com

Garret

Not sure if they have loaner wheels - that might be a good question to ask! But they do come out to you and take it and bring it back to their shop to fix it. And their turnaround times are pretty reasonable from what I've heard.

They've actually done some work for me and it has always been pretty fast!

G

Its hard to say as far as pricing. The guy usually just quotes me a price off the top of his head, and it has always seemed fair to me. And since he's seen MULTIPLE sets of wheels and jobs from me, he gives me a great price.

He's got state of the art equipment and I've never seen bad quality. He regularly does wheels for Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsche's and Rolls Royces of some of the uppity Annapolis locals. There's actually a Porsche service place right near the shop that they get referrals from....

Alright, I have a fairly dumb question. I need to get the wheels on my other car re-finished. I have been debating pulling thm off of the car and taking them to Ye Olde Wheel shop or somewhere because portions of them are painted to color match the car (factory Dodge snowflake rims). Do you guys think it wold be necessary for the car to be with the wheels so the place could accurately re-paint the wheels? I have a bunch of stereo crap and the car is rare, so I am kind of hesistant to leave the entire car somewhere. Anyone have experience with this situation? i like the idea of someone picking the wheels up from my house since I don't have a good way to take all four in the Subie.

Thanks,

Neil

Archived